Box Busters: 2013 Topps Turkey Red baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a box of 2013 Topps Turkey Red in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

Joseph Reynolds

I really like the design on them. I have the previous year’s of the set and hopefully whenever my order ships I’ll get this one from Topps too :)

Posted February 22, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink
Scott Laird

I dont think they are worth just buying a single “box/pack”, since its a limited release. Need to really buy it in bulk to try to complete the set or get a big hit auto. I do like the look and feel of them, and like you said could be some chipping issues with the they way were they were packaged.

Posted February 22, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Permalink
John Ward

Had to be quick to the drawl to get some of this Turkey Red product. Missed out, but 25 duckies for 10 cards and a tape auto, not so sure its woth it. A tape dump for Topps perhaps ? Eh, just jealous.

Posted February 22, 2013 at 7:33 pm | Permalink
Ron J

Have always liked the Turkey Red. They have an old time look and feel. Not worth 25 bucks for 11 cards. I am a set builder and this is one product I will not be buying. Love the web site and the Mag. Keep up the great work.

Posted February 22, 2013 at 7:45 pm | Permalink
kris

dont think its worth $25 plus shipping. i will get my stanton card off ebay. thanks for video

Posted February 23, 2013 at 7:14 am | Permalink
Andre

Stickerdump. No thanks.

Posted February 23, 2013 at 7:53 am | Permalink

Old’s you should have spent that 25 bucks on a different colored shirt. The next Beckett poll should be… Does Chris Old’s own more White collared shirts or Swisher rookies? You stated the auto was a /600? And Topps sells out of product in 20 minutes? Something seems fishy.

Posted February 23, 2013 at 11:38 am | Permalink
John Jones

I really like the look of the cards but definitely not worth 25 bucks!

Posted February 23, 2013 at 12:37 pm | Permalink
Tim Rash

Hey Chris,
If you need help finding a home for that Bryce harper card you can send it my way ! I think these turkey red’s are awesome i just wish they would have been available in stores!!

Posted February 23, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Janooz: Once again, it’s “Olds” …

Posted February 23, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Wow! Should I buy 11 cards from Topps or six gallons of gas so I can get to work and back for another week? Sorry Topps.

Posted February 24, 2013 at 7:37 pm | Permalink
Mario Carnevale

First of all, they sold out at $20 each not $25……….secondly, let’s face it, any amount for cardboard is too much especially why you talk about gas for getting to work

IT’S A HOBBY PEOPLE!!! THEY SOLD OUT!!!!! OBVIOUSLY THE COST WAS NOT PROHIBITIVE!!!!!

Why are you viewing this clip if you have no interest in the cards? Stop wasting our time with your whining about cast etc.

thanks for the video…..I will wait to open my packs to see if price keeps going up. Now at the $40 range……..

Posted February 26, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Permalink
James

I have no issues with the price, sticker autos, or the litany of other things people are griping about on here except one, I too wish I could have gotten these at my local hobby store. All well, next time perhaps :) Keep up the good work Chris!

Posted February 28, 2013 at 3:30 am | Permalink