Box Busters Preview: 2012 Panini Cooperstown

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a box of 2012 Cooperstown baseball cards from Panini America in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will he find inside besides an extra autograph? Watch and find out …

joe

I’ve been on the fence regarding collecting. I haven’t purchased cards in over 2 months. After opening this crap I may not open for another 2 months. When I saw this product I figure how can you go wrong with a product called 2012 Cooperstown. So far as the cards itself the cards look nice. However for $100 a box and you only get ONE AUTOGRAPH. Panini seems to have pulled a play from the UPPER DECK PLAYBOOK ON “HOW TO SCREW THE COLLECTORS OVER” Very misleading. Usually Panini’s products yield 2-3 autos/mem cards per box. Not this product. Only one. What a waste. My autograph was MILO HAMILTON. Give me a break. I want players or maybe even a coach. Not a freakin guy who called the games over the radio. I am not expecting a high dollar autograph but damn at least give me a player. Chris I will trade you my card for the Goose or Fingers auto.

Posted November 8, 2012 at 12:48 am | Permalink
kris

Jay Hanna “Dizzy” Dean

Posted November 8, 2012 at 5:49 am | Permalink
Hscshooter

Chris, you really need a shave! That still shot video is hilarious. Grab a coffee.

Posted November 8, 2012 at 9:19 am | Permalink
Nathan Crandell

Rollie Fingers is always a fun pull. A man with such an epic mustache and an awesome name, great pull. Nice to get a god hit when you spend your own money.

Posted November 8, 2012 at 10:12 am | Permalink
Aaron

Any fan of baseball from an historical perspective has got to love this set. I watched the whole video and didn’t see a bad card out of the entire box. Great cards!

Posted November 8, 2012 at 11:36 am | Permalink
chrisolds

Hscshooter. Actually, you do. I can tell from here. That is all. (Oh, and I don’t drink coffee.)

Posted November 8, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Permalink
Jonathan Suits

Jay Hanna Dean.

Posted November 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Permalink
Hscshooter

Thanks Chris but I shaved this morning. I wish my job was as great as yours. When Five Star Baseball arrives I can’t wait until you break a box or two. I have a case with my name on it.

Thanks again Chris.

Frank

Posted November 8, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Permalink
Tim rash

Awesome “Goose” card !!! He’s from my home state. I’ve been thinking of trying to get his auto TTM. He’s got a great signature! Awesome cards !!

Posted November 8, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

I’m not sure if he does any TTMs. From people I have met in past, he didn’t seem very IP auto friendly, either. But that could have been way back when, not now.

Posted November 8, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Permalink
Clint Spencer

Jerome Hanna Dean

Posted November 8, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Permalink
Phil

What will be the odds of pulling any autograph in a blaster….1,000,000 to 1? I think if I were to buy Panini’s generic cards, I would have to stick to singles and not boxes

Posted November 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Permalink
Anthony Molina

I purchased one box of this product, I was pleased with the overall value and happily surprised when I pulled a Vin Scully autograph. I was even happier when I researched the beckett book value on this card. I immediately put the card in a screw down holder and I am sure it will grade at a 10. Anyone interested in buying this card? #’d 96/100. Ill send you pictures of the card all its corners. im telling you its a 10. I only wonder what it would be worth graded at a 10.

Posted November 20, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Permalink