Box Busters: 2012 Topps Five Star baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they explore a box of 2012 Topps Five Star in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

(Click here for a Five Star checklist and OPG.)

Richard Hogenson

For 500 dollars you should have gotten at least a Babe Ruth.

Posted November 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Permalink
bearcatlawjd

I would rather spend $500 on Ebay buying cards I actually want. I always wonder if we really need these types of products. I keeping thinking the hobby is fine with one or two high end releases but there are too many high end products from the same company during the year.

It still would be a fun box to open but there are probably other products out there that are cheaper and would give me the same thrill like Triple Threads, Topps Tribute, or Panini’s Prime Cuts.

Posted November 21, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

I LOVE Dustin Pedroia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 23, 2012 at 8:35 am | Permalink
Ken

I would hate to have a box like that. I’ve always liked Will “the thrill” Clark, but c’mon. It kind of reminds me of the Topps Inception football product, but on a lower scale. The Inception product is a lot better as far as design and cheaper IMO. Ultimately, I would like to see the product stand out a little more.

Posted November 23, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Permalink
Mark

Well…… That box pretty much sums up that product. Topps has officially lost a collector. These boxes should be selling for about $250.-$300 at most. Topps should be ashamed of themselves calling this 5 Star. Should have called it 3 star Topps, you have totally lost touch with the hobby.

Posted November 24, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Permalink
Mike

There is no way I would pay $500 for a box 5 star after seeing the so called hits in this video. Plus if I pay that much for a box I do not want a base card of any sorts. Thumbs down on this product.

Posted November 24, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Permalink
Brian

Trash, $500.00???? seriously…Will Clark?

Posted November 25, 2012 at 12:42 am | Permalink