Do you have what it takes to be The Bowman Scout?

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

It’s back … and it can be you.

The Bowman Scout, a past player in the prospecting game when it came to showcasing the Bowman checklists via its in-box checklists and print advertisements, will return next year and Topps wants it to be you.

The company announced on Thursday that it is taking applications for the Scout spot via its Facebook page for the brand.

What does the job entail? Well, it means you’ll work with the Bowman team — remember, it’s a team — to identify the top prospects and generate the Bowman Top 100.

The Scout also will analyze prospects via its social media efforts, have a card in the 2013 Bowman set and more.

@Jaypers413

I’ll give it a shot.

Posted October 4, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Permalink
Donnie Whelchel

Would love to do this. I have coached Baseball, and Footbal since 1986. My baseball teams have won 11 SC State championships. I love all sports and scouting players!!

Posted October 4, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Permalink
Adam

Anyone but Jaypers. Dude is as abrasive and self-important as they come. Reading Twitter doesn’t make you an expert, kid.

Posted October 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Permalink
afff

would like to try it and see if i could do it but is it open to Canadain residents

Posted October 4, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Permalink
@Jaypers413

Adam, in what lifetime did I do something to tick you off? For the record, I don’t use Twitter as a source of prospect information. I also find it hysterical you’re calling me “self-important” while you label me as “kid”. Hello, pot – meet kettle.

Posted October 5, 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink
@Jaypers413

Oh, and FYI – neither of those two descriptions apply to me. I challenge you to prove otherwise. Start with my tweets and go from there, since you’re so obviously an expert on me.

Posted October 5, 2012 at 11:16 am | Permalink