Box Busters: 2012 Bowman Chrome

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Bowman Chrome boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside … besides a card with 1:7,515 odds? Watch and find out …

Two great boxes. I’m sure that plenty of collectors would love to pull a Yu Darvish Gold Refractor Autograph. That said, Bowman Chrome is just too much of a boom-or-bust product for me to buy by the box. I’m just hoping to pick-up some singles and Futures Game refractors at my local card show.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Permalink
Matt Harwood

I have purchased 4 hobby boxes and 4 retail blasters of Bowman Chrome, still no Bryce Harper base Rookie Card. Still along way to completing the set.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

If you haven’t mentioned it yet, let everyone know that every third box in a hobby case has 2 autos. I pulled 16 autos from my 12 box case, which is standard this year. This is written in some of the online promo ads. Hopefully, they’ll keep this arrangement in the future.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Yep, I remembered there were extras … just couldn’t remember the odds so I didn’t mention it.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink
bill johnson

chris, i agree with you. i dont want to spend 4 or 5 bucks on a pack of 3 or 4 cards and only get a ted lilly refractor. i will buy the singles off ebay that i need for my player collections.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Permalink
JOHNNY R LUNA

I liked what they pulled,but even better the redemtion card chris olds pulled WOW what a redemtion.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Permalink
Cory Furlong

“I would have bought been miserable the whole time because I’m not getting enough cards.” Good Stuff Chris. I agree though, I would enjoy Brians box of chrome more than the big hit.

Posted October 24, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Permalink
Jason

are you going to have a drawing for a yu darvish. i have dont have one yet.
Jason

Posted October 25, 2012 at 10:00 am | Permalink
Matt Harwood

Okay now I have busted 6 hobby boxes and 4 retail blasters….. Still not one dang Harper!!!

Posted October 25, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Permalink
Adam

Ahhhh…Bowman Chrome. I live and die by the dagger. This year, I died. I have opened 6 hobby boxes and still have not gotten a bryce harper, or yu darvish rc. My auto’s were to say the most terrible. The only thing I got worth mentioning is a Brett L. Purple Ref. Wow, Bowman Chrome, what can we say.

Posted October 25, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Permalink
Zach

I always love Bowman Chrome. My one box I have gotten so far wielded a Tyler Skaggs Auto and a Jonathan Griffin Auto Refractor. The color was an Orange Adam Lind (#25), Blue Dustin Pedroia and a Purple Strasburg. I was pretty happy about that, but no Harper, No Darvish and no Cespedes kind of sucked.

Posted October 28, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Permalink