Auction Watch: 2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Jambalaya autograph buyback

By Chris Olds | Beckett Basketball Editor

The gems from 2011-12 Fleer Retro keep arriving on the auction block, but this one isn’t a Precious Metal Gem.

It’s perhaps even better.

The 1997-98 Jambalaya card from the Fleer Retro Michael Jordan Buybacks has arrived on eBay and it’s already got plenty of attention. How much? Click here to see the latest.

One of 23 1/1 Jordan autographed buybacks in the product (Need a checklist? click here), this one could be yet another monster when the bidding ends on Oct. 14. (Update: The auction ended at $29,299.69.)

Prediction time: Will this card top $50,000?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Basketball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

bill johnson

i dont collect basketball cards. but that card is sweet.

Posted October 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Permalink
Richard

For $50K I’d want to fly some place, play a game of HORSE with Jordan and then have him
take the Jersey he wore off, sign it, and hand it to me.

Posted October 12, 2012 at 3:19 am | Permalink
ry103177

I had the Ultra Stars buyback auto 1/1 and sold it for 4050.00. I thought that was good. This makes me sick to my stomach that this card is getting so much more. CRAZY!!!

Posted October 12, 2012 at 6:26 am | Permalink
Corey

I know that alot of people are kick me for this, but I just hate it when they take a tough to find card like this and let some guy scribble their name across. Let Jordan write on something else. You can’t see the auto either. I think it should be worth what his signature is worth and that is all. Peace

Posted October 12, 2012 at 10:13 am | Permalink
Alex GRRRRiffen

that card is ugly. you can barely see the signature. i’d rather have an exquisite auto. jordan collectors are @*$*# in the head

Posted October 12, 2012 at 10:18 am | Permalink
JonathanI

Do people not realize this is a 1/1 1997-98 Jambalaya? I do not see how people can complain at all about this card. If I cannot clearly see the auto on the internet, I would bet I could see it pretty well in my living room. Will it hit $50K? I do not think so, but it is a Jordan, so anything is possible.

Posted October 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Permalink