Box Busters: 2012 Topps Triple Threads

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Topps Triple Threads boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Randall

If those boxes are representative, I’ll pass. 14 cards for $200… too risky for me. If I got a “good” hit, I would probably only wipe my brow in relief. Not jump for joy. It would have to be a great auto of an old school HOFer.

Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Permalink
Seriously

RID ING ON K STR EET? Are you serious Topps? Riding on K street? Wow, Triple Threads is one of the ugliest sets year in and year out with their hideous swatch and overall card designs. I really didn’t think it could get any worse. Note to Topps: Please stop with the ugly spelled-out swatch designs. They never line up right for one. For two, the words/phrases used in the swatches are flat out stupid. Positions and number swatches such as 1B or 35 were silly in 2003 Donruss Gamers and they still are now. Collectors would much rather have one or more big swatch, rectangles and squares are fine. And don’t get me started on the TTT parallels, it’s easier to pull a parallel of the card you want than the actual base version it seems.

Posted September 25, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Permalink
Dave

I pulled a redemption for a Yu Darvish white whale. I feel like I got really really lucky after watching that.

Posted September 25, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Permalink
afff

i would have to agree that they are not worth the money

Posted September 26, 2012 at 12:06 am | Permalink
David Johnson

Nice White Whale, but the other box was definitely a dud.

Posted September 26, 2012 at 9:59 am | Permalink
Jamie Case

Topps went super cheap on this product this year. To many former MLB players that were semi if not minor stars in their days. There is not a good enough mix to get at least half your money back.

Posted September 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Permalink
James B

Not very impressive at all. Granted there may be other boxes out there that have some great pulls but for $200 bucks,its too pricey to take the risk.

Posted October 21, 2012 at 1:57 am | Permalink