Ripping Retail: 2012 Topps Chrome baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into a 2012 Topps Chrome blaster box in this latest episode of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

thelegendjerryrice

Chrome has Hot Boxes as well.

Posted August 22, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Permalink
Joe Reynolds

I bought a few packs of hobby today at my LHS and it seemed to be about average in comparison to your rip. Best card I got was a Joe Mauer…kind of depressing but it is still early…

Joe..

Posted August 22, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Permalink
Aaron

Hey Chris – Great post as usual but a quick question for you. Is the Harper RC short print or easy to pull? I was going to buy a few hobby boxes in hopes of a Harper RC, but as you know, sometimes it’s easier, and cheaper, to go after the single card you want on Ebay.

Thanks!

Aaron

Posted August 22, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Permalink
Adam Shoemaker

I love seeing these Rippin’ Retail box breaks. Since they are about all I can afford right now, it gives me a good idea of what I’m getting into. This particular break wasn’t great, but it also wasn’t bad. PLZ keep posting these occassionally!

Posted August 23, 2012 at 12:35 am | Permalink
Jim Jordan

I’ve been pulling a decent amount of rookies from retail so far. I’d say it was an average blaster box. I WANT YOUR JOB-lol!!!!! Looks like way too much fun!

Posted August 23, 2012 at 8:55 am | Permalink
Tyler

I love Topps Chrome! It is the only product that I look forward to each year and rip ad nauseum. 2000 Topps Chrome was the first complete base set I put together and have subsequently put together every base set since. The thing I like about Topps Chrome is that it provides me with enough fodder in the way of parallels and non-base auto’s to trade or sell to complete my base sets. I get the thrill of ripping and the joy of finishing a set every year!

Posted August 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink
Nick

where can i buy these

Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink
Susan Lulgjuraj

You can find retail Chrome at Target, WalMart – many of the big box stores. Otherwise, local hobby shops or try different websites such as eBay or CheckOutMyCards.com

Posted August 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink