AT THE NATIONAL: Ripping a 1986-87 Fleer pack

Join Beckett Basketball‘s Chris Olds as watches a collector, Louie, rip a pack of 1986-87 Fleer basketball bought from the Baseball Card Exchange at this year’s National Sports Collectors Convention.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

Kevin

Not too bad, he got what is maybe the second best card in the set.

Posted August 5, 2012 at 8:52 am | Permalink
CNR

This guy is everything that is wrong with the hobby.

“uhhhh, if it’s graded good and it’s worth money then i’ll be happy, uhhh derp derp”

Posted August 5, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink
Scott

Why am I more excited for this pack than the guy opening it?

Posted August 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Permalink
Bobby Cooper

The Olajuwon looks like it has good centering, maybe at least an 8.5 overall grade. he didnt seem like he cared though, lol.

Posted August 5, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Permalink
Richard

OK, but it would help to know what the pack cost him.

Posted August 5, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Pack cost $375.

Posted August 5, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Permalink
Louie

This is Louie from the video, I might not have looked excited, but I was kind of nervous
I would definitely do it again and I think anyone would be a little disappointed after they spend close to $400 on a pack of cards and decide to open it immediately decreasing the value, at least I can say that I took that risk.
Thanks again Chris

Posted August 5, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Permalink
Brent

$375 is crazy. Not much more than that and you can just buy an MJ. Granted it won’t be in awesome shape, but you could.

Posted August 6, 2012 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Enjoyed the video & watching the pack be opened, but would of liked to see the PSA slab get cut open, then the wax get busted… just sayin’

I agree with Louie, I would of been nervous too. especially doing it on camera, knowing there would be backlash from other collectors… it’s part of getting your two minutes of fame.. .

watch youtube.. there are ton of collectors that but wax & are not as excited… I have tried a few videos myself, but never posted them online.. mainly because the boxes sucked or didn’t like how they were done.

Posted August 6, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink
Patrick Meyer

Louie, stick to opening a product you actually know something about other than “JORDAN RC OMGZZ” I snickered when you got pouty at the end.

Posted August 6, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

Thanks for sharing.

Posted August 6, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Permalink
afff

thanks for the video enjoyed watching and was wanting to see you get the MJ just to get see how you would have reacted but it was still enjoyable

Posted August 7, 2012 at 1:06 am | Permalink