Ripping Retail: 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips a box of 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter cards in this latest episode of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

I do like the black borders on the relics. A good choice.

Posted July 10, 2012 at 12:22 am | Permalink
Mitch jomsky

Well that looked like fun! A&G is back! Too bad it was only a blaster … And there were no Men in Hats cards. That’s too bad.
Gonna run out to Target and pick up a box or two. I didn’t pre order a hobby, but I think I’ll place an order today … The cards look great…… Except for the Bubbleboy relic…WTF?!?! Thanks for the preview, Chris.

Posted July 10, 2012 at 6:29 am | Permalink
Kurry Ferguson

I dont usually buy retail, but could not wait until Wed.
Got a Bryce mini, Corey Hart relic, AND a Brooks Robinson NO# mini
Also had a handfull of high # sps but at 1:2 how short are they?

Posted July 10, 2012 at 10:37 am | Permalink
afff

thanks will probably pick up a couple of boxes

Posted July 10, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Permalink
Matthew

Where did you find this Chris? I Live in Dallas and haven’t found a wal*mart or Target that has loaded up early

Posted July 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Permalink
Richard Hogenson

I want the Balloon Boy card.

Posted July 10, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Permalink
Jeff

I thought it was illegal to make money off a crime. The whole balloon boy thing was a crime, they were charged. I hope they didn’t make money from selling the balloon. Any money should have gone to the police for all the wasted resources spent on this crime.

Posted July 10, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Hello Jeff, my name is Mike Fruitman and I own Mike’s Stadium Sportscards in Aurora, CO. The Heene family auctioned their craft with the procedes going to relief efforts in Japan after the tsunami. After purchasing it, I reached out to Topps in order to have Balloon Boy relic cards in Ginter. The Heenes did not profit from it and instead used it to assist others who needed it.

It has been interesting reading the responses of collectors. It seems most appreciate it adding to the diversity of Ginter. I am just glad to contribute to one of the most popular releases of the year.

Posted July 17, 2012 at 12:28 am | Permalink