Box Busters: 2011-12 Panini Gold Standard

Join Beckett Basketball‘s Rob Springs and Chris Olds as they rip into a pair 2011-12 Panini Gold Standard boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

johnny Cakes

Garbage

Posted July 24, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink
Chris Clock

WOW…i really do not see the value in getting a “brick” lol

Posted July 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink
william walsh

$200 you would expect the mem cards to be patches and not the same old plain swatches, player variety is decent but not spectacular in my opinion.

Posted July 24, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Permalink
Steve

This product is terrible! Spent $200 on my first box last week and the best card I got was a Jason Kidd auto numbered /25. The best part? Jason Kidd was the most recognizable name in the box. The Kidd auto was damaged as was the other auto I received. Not a fan of having to send back cards to be replaced from a $200 premium product…

Posted July 24, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Permalink
Josiah Cecil

WOW Panini really 200 a box for a Kidd auto sorry Steve…… So Chris do you keep the cards or do you guys sell them.

Posted July 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Permalink
bill johnson

it looks to me like, even with both boxes, you didnt even break even. thank god i stay away from basketball cards.

Posted July 24, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Permalink
Jackie Martling

I’d rather get kicked in the jimmy than spend $200 for this…..

Posted July 24, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Permalink
joe

All so called premium/high end products, no matter what company puts them out, is a rip off. I’ve learned my lesson several years ago.I love card collecting but these so called premium/high end products is whats killing the market. Think about. $200 for a pack of 10 cards. You get 2 mem cards, 2 autos and 6 base cards. Your mem cards are not worth crap because it’s not a multi-colored patch or a logo (William Walsh I agree with you 100%). Your autos are anything special , they are not inscribed or anything like that. Steve I hate to say but your Jason Kidd auto isn’t worth anymore then

Posted July 25, 2012 at 1:08 am | Permalink
joe

Steve I hate say but your Jason Kidd auto isn’t worth anymore them my Jason Kidd auto numbered out of 25 from previous years Elite. The card companies have fooled us into thinking that because the cards are on a thicker stock, you know the one that they use as the fake mem card in the packs for the lower end to mid range products. I know what I am saying will annoy some people but think about it. 2012 Topps Inception is about $150/box 7 cards/box. Andrew Luck’s rc auto #/150 sells for $150. 2012 Prestige is about $110/box 24 packs/box. Andrew Luck’s rc auto #/299 sells for $200+ So would somebody tell me what is the “high reward” of buying a premium/high end products.

Posted July 25, 2012 at 1:27 am | Permalink
tom waldron

UHHg Rather wait n see if Fleer Retro is decent at least might get Lebron Jordan
Never was a fan of hi end like this Give Topps A liscence pleeeease I need my Chrome cards and the redemps
Really every Product wow xrc to me.
just saying

Posted July 25, 2012 at 1:47 am | Permalink

While I certainly don’t have the cash for an entire box of this, I will be scoping out the Derrick Rose’s on ebay. I found quite a few from last years Gold Standard for pretty fair prices. The cards look fantastic, but I’m pretty sure this product is aimed at collectors with money to burn.

Posted July 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Permalink
Lazer-a

I paid $175 for my box and I got a Blake Griffin auto numbered to 25. This was my first time buying a high end box. If I hadn’t got the hit I would be totally upset at what I paid. These cards are beautiful IN PERSON. ANd Im with Tom. Please give topps a liscence. I MISS BASKETBALL REFRACTORS>and redemptions SUCK!!!

Posted July 26, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Permalink