Ripping Retail: 2012 Topps Series 2 baseball

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds as he rips into four jumbo packs of 2012 Topps Series 2 cards in this latest edition of Ripping Retail.

What will he find inside? Watch and find out …

Pisano64

I really like Topps for baseball, but i find it pretty offensive that so far Bryce Harper has two rookies and they are both short printed. Thats nice, so when my kid says to me, Dad my favorite player is Bryce Harper i want to start collecting him, and i have to tell him “well son, you need 500 dollars to get a rookie” and just absolutely crush his dreams. This is the one of the reasons that kids are not getting into the hobby anymore. I am not into inserts at all, dont really buy boxes for auto’s or patches but Rookies are a must for me. This is severely disapointing to me.

“Dont worry son we might not be able to afford Bryce Harper’s rookies but there is always Drew Pomeranz!”

Posted June 5, 2012 at 10:13 am | Permalink
ernest lantto

what is absolutely amazing is this product is NOT supposed to hit the market until 6/6/12 and here it is 6/5/12.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink
Michael Marrufo

i bought one of those $9.98 boxes with like 72 cards and i got a Brett Lawrie Pie Face variation card along with a few rookies and inserts,

Posted June 5, 2012 at 11:45 am | Permalink
Andrew McKee

My 5 year old son is dieing for that Peavy jersey card.How much would you offer for it?It would be awesome for me an my son since we are huge fans of the Sox!Get back to me as soon as possible.Thanks!

Posted June 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink
Todd Warden

I have to assume that there will be a Harper rookie card (hopefully still numbered 661, but with different photography) inserted into Topps Update when that comes out. That was what they did for Strasburg, and it makes just as much sense that it would be a similar situation for Harper. Now, if this isn’t what happens, I could see reason to be upset.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Harper cards inserted into other series will be other cards or have different photos if they are the same number. The factory set version will be different than the in-pack SP version.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Permalink
Rob

Hey buddy, what do you do with these cards? I’m a diehard White Sox fan and that Peavy card would be a great addition to my collection. Especially since i know what jersey is in the card, its the half way to St. Patricks day jersey lol.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Ripping Retail cards are mine.They pretty much just sit in my collection. Peavy shouldn’t be tough to track down on ebay.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Permalink
nismo350z

My dad just pulled a harper auto from from a jumbo pack at MVP sportscards in Pleasant Hill, CA. Is it worth grading these new cards?

Posted June 7, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Permalink