First look: 2012-13 Prestige basketball

By Chris Olds | Beckett Basketball Editor

Panini America offered the first glimpses at 2012-13 Prestige on Tuesday, the second release of the post-lockout era and the second release that will include a double-dose of NBA rookies.

The product will include 100 Rookie Cards — members of last year’s NBA Draft class as well as this year’s — when it arrives in August.

Rookie Cards will be found in every pack with three autographs and one memorabilia card in every 24-pack hobby box.

New inclusions will be Distinctive Ink and Old School Autographs — both autographed sets with on-card sigs — as well as the standard Inside the Numbers, Prestigious Pros and True Colors inserts.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Basketball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

XstreamINsanity

I’m really liking the look of the set.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Permalink
RJ34

Will Kyrie Irving’s official first rookie card be the VIP handout from last year still?

Posted June 5, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

It’s not an RC because it wasn’t distributed in a packed out product and isn’t part of a comprehensive set.

Posted June 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink
RJ

That Kyrie Irving card would have been awesome to pull out of 2011-12 Prestige. Oh, wait …

Posted June 5, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Permalink
Ryan

Chris Olds – I tweeted you and Beckett Media today; trying to get some help loading to the show calendar part of the website. Who can I contact for help on this?

Posted June 5, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink
Ryan

Yes – that’s the one. When I try to add a new event I’m getting an error. Tried calling Beckett yesterday and talked to 3 people who couldn’t help me, so I thought I would message you to see who I truly needed to talk to. Gotta get the two shows I promote on there to get some customers for my new store!!! Thanks Chris

Posted June 6, 2012 at 8:00 am | Permalink