Box Busters: 2012 Topps Series 2

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a box of 2012 Topps Series 2 cards in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Phil

Will there be a wrapper redemption for Series 2 like there was in Series 1?

Posted June 11, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Permalink
Todd Warden

I am a huge fan of the standard Topps set every year, but I must say I was left slightly disappointed after opening my jumbo box this past weekend. It wasn’t the no-name jersey andautograph that I pulled, I accept that as part of the highs and lows of buying packs. What bothered me were the quality control issues I ran into. I haven’t seen mis-cut cards like this since the 80’s, and the one short print I did pull (Stan Musial) suffered from some misaligned foil stamping. Now, luckily I haven’t heard of these issues from other collectors, so hopefully it was just bad luck on my account, but like I said, my box had some major issues.

Posted June 11, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Permalink
Phil

Thanks, when my Series Two comes in, I will get my wrappers ready

Posted June 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Permalink
kris reed

Here’s a small taste of the rest of the results. The issue hits newsstands on Friday.

Who is the most hated player?
1. A.J. Pierzynski (White Sox), 34%
2. Alex Rodriguez (Yankees), 10%
3. Nick Swisher (Yankees), 9%

just a little jab for super colector chris olds.

Posted June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am | Permalink
chrisolds

“Fans don’t boo nobodies.” — Reggie Jackson

Posted June 14, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink
kris reed

glad to see finally a person in the card industry with a personality. you ok chis. maybe the slight jab will win me a prize sometime. since i was the only one with the courage to do it lol

Posted June 16, 2012 at 2:08 am | Permalink
kris reed

reggie jackson nickname is mr october iwhich is the month of haloween i guess a lot of fans were ghosts at the ball park booing him

Posted June 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink
Keith Schimke

Chris, in the series 2 checklist, i don’t see the variation listed for Rod Barajas. There is both a #391 and #395 version of his card. Neither seems to be shortprinted as i have 2 of each.

Posted June 24, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Permalink
Tom

I pulled a Rod Barajas #395. It’s supposed to be #391, Also I got some with no foil. Have you seen any of these? Tom

Posted October 5, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink