By Chris Olds | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor
We’re going to dedicate an entire issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly to SuperCollectors soon — and we want to see your collections.
We’ll pick the most interesting and most outrageous submissions for that issue of the magazine just like the 15 we showcased last summer, but first we need to hear about your stash. Some will make the special issue, while others will appear in the magazines leading up to that issue. (We run SuperCollectors every month.)
As a bonus, all collectors who submit information between now and July 15 will be entered in a drawing for a Mike Trout autographed baseball as well as a hefty six-autograph card seen here. Follow the instructions and submit your stats and story today. We’re showing you all of last year’s submissions so you can see who — and what — made the cut.
We hope you can top them. You don’t have to have the most-expensive collection on the block but it needs to be unique — downright crazy — in some way that it stands out.
Here are your instructions …
Send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
1. Name, age, your email address, your location (city, state) and who/what you collect.
2. Statistics about your collection (total cards, number of 1/1s, number of autographs, number of game-used cards or items, etc., as seen on these samples)
3. Tell us why you should be selected. Sell us on what makes your collection the best — and how/why it started.
4. Send us LINKS to images that we can examine or use with your item — including one showing you with your collection. (Bad images won’t help your case … and 900-MB attachments won’t either!)
5. Be patient. We WILL be in touch if you are selected or we need more information. If you sent info in the past, it’s likely outdated by now — so update it and send it again.
6. Act fast … we want YOUR info NOW.
Check out the SuperCollectors below if you need to see more … we’re awaiting your email.
Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Sports Card Monthly magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO READ THE PAGES!