Box Busters: 2012 Topps Archives baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Topps Archives boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Randall

Been looking forward to this set. Big fan of last year’s Lineage. But I think I like this even better. Great mix of autos that you normally would not be able to get. Going to pick up a couple of boxes at this weekend’s card show in Houston.

Posted May 29, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Permalink
Jeff B

My son and I opened a blaster together…and his favorites were the ’80 and ’84 set design as well. We also got a ’72 Brooks Robinson and he said that that was the #1 best design. He only has 9 more years to wait for the Heritage ’72s!

Love the Mantle sticker, Mays 3d and the Jeter cloth. btw.

Posted May 30, 2012 at 10:47 am | Permalink
Alex Giles

It looks like Lineage and Heritage had a baby… (kind of a Chris Olds reference)… I love the 1980 look on the card and only 17 years until heritage comes out with the 1980 look! (kind of another Chris Olds reference!) I like the look also because Jason Heyward (my favorite player) is on it. With 2 on card autos per box with the chance of pulling a Koufax, Mays, Aaron, Darvish or Harper to name a few, I think it’s a steal.

Posted May 30, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Permalink
Jonathan Gaudlitz

Just went out and bought a pack @ Wal-mart, and now I’m hooked. Found a Brandon Phillips relic, a Wade Anthony Boggs 1954(just like in the video) and a 3D Felix Hernandez. Can’t wait to go get more.
Happy Hunting!

Posted May 31, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Permalink
Jared

Sorry but I don’t care for these cards at all.More recycled crap from Topps.The odd throwback product here and there is OK but to me the novelty wore off long ago.I started card collecting in the early 80′s and in my opinion pretty much the entire 1980′s was full of awful looking cards.I’m sure thats a big reason why i dont like these cards but i just can’t get too excited about pulling short print Chili Davis 90 topps reprints and Bobby Grich and Jose Aquindo autos.The price isnt bad but for my money I’ll pick up a couple autos from players i like and score some original 3D or cloth inserts of Hall of Famers.To each their own, tho.Happy Collecting

Posted May 31, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Permalink
mlbscout

Archives is great! I got a Yu Darvish, Yoenis Cespedes and Josh Hamilton cloth card in my first pack!

Posted August 25, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Permalink