Box Busters: 2012 Bowman baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Brian Fleischer and Chris Olds as they rip into 2012 Bowman in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

(Need a 2012 Bowman checklist or an OPG when available? Click here.)

bill johnson

if ripped 24 packs of retail already and i must have no luck at all. no harper, no cepedias, no darvish. i did pull a michael morse silver ice card. which is pretty cool looking. no josh bell either. i have terrible luck.

Posted May 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Permalink
alan

i got a total of 156 retail packs. i got about 8 darvish rookies( no auto) about 15 various harpers( no auto) only got a couple josh bells 3 gerrit coles, and i think the cepedias rookie is really rare as i only got 2 out of 1900 cards

Posted May 16, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

I agree with the release, pretty solid. The only complaint I too have is the font of the player names. Very difficult to read. Love it overall though. Hoping my Xander auto gets a nice price during your initial release.

Posted May 17, 2012 at 1:50 am | Permalink
Jason Jones

are you going to have a drawing on the auto. i think that would be awesome.
thanks

Posted May 17, 2012 at 10:07 am | Permalink
Michael Chase

Someone should put something over that hole in the table. I fear that one day a card may get tore up sliding across it.

On a more serious note…This is a great set. I only opened one retail pack so far but everything looks great.

Posted May 17, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Permalink
Dave Desabrais

Anyone have a problem with duplicates? I just busted a box and ended up with 39 duplicates between the base set, gold, chrome and prospects….

Posted May 17, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

I agree with Chris, this product needs more refractors per box to justify what we spend on them. Besides the tiny font on the prospect cards, the main problem I’ve had is significant surface damage on about 180 Chrome cards, prospects and inserts, out of 8 hobby boxes and 8 jumbo hobby boxes. They solved the warping problem, but the surface scrapes is seriously irritating. The depletion of the wrapper redemption packs so quickly really sucks, as a lot of us didn’t get our boxes right on the 9th…

Posted May 18, 2012 at 1:50 am | Permalink