Box Busters: 2011 Limited Baseball

Join Beckett Media’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2011 Limited baseball boxes from Panini America in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

(Need a checklist for a past Limited set or an OPG? Click here.)

joe

Once again the first thing you mention when you see the autograph is a sticker. Why, why, why are you guys against sticker autographs for Panini and Topps but not for Upper Deck. Are they paying you…. wait Upper Deck is broke. What’s the deal.

Posted May 3, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Sorry, Joe, but your conspiracy theory doesn’t hold up here. Fleischer and I don’t often do reviews for Upper Deck products. If I did, stickers would be mentioned like anyone else.

Posted May 3, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Permalink
Richard

Joe, the problem with stickers is that many people don’t like them.

It means the player signed the sticker, not the card, and for some people that matters.

A sticker might peel off in the future or change colors.
A sticker might,in theory, be removed and replaced with someone else.
A sticker might be placed on the wrong card in the first place. I’ve seen Tony Gwynn Jr. cards
with his dad’s auto sticker on them.

Posted May 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Permalink
Anthony

personally, i’d like to know if it’s a sticker auto or hard-signed.. keep it up.. joe can keep crying about it..

Posted May 3, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Permalink
joe

Chris, I am just pointing out the facts. Box Busters for Panini and Topps, sticker autographs are always mention. Box Busters for Upper Deck, it’s not. You guys should be consistent across the board.

Posted May 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Permalink
bill johnson

the only thing i dont like about these cards is their not licensed by mlb. in my opinion, it really doesnt matter what kinda autograph (card or sticker) an autograph from major league baseball player should bring about exciitement. i remember when i bought a pack of leaf signature from the 90’s and pulled a jason giambi autograph. it was the coolest thing ever. and recently i pulled a dwight gooden auto that was indeed a sticker autograph, but it didnt take away from the excitement i got when i saw it. just remember, before they even inserted autographs into packs the only way to get a players autograph was go early before the game or send a card through the mail (which i did when i was younger)and take a chance that it was actually signed by the player you sent it to and not the club secretary. people take the autographs for granted, all i can say is if you dont want them sticker auto’s, please send them my way. an autograph is an autograph to me.

Posted May 3, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Are we not 5 months into 2012? Why is Panini always late with their products? These cards look as if someone made them in their garage. Horrible Andre Either card. Looks like the little league photos/cards my son has had taken. Total garbage! We all can see where the sticker would be placed for the prospect card, how sloppy! Card missing an auto?? Cards with no MLB logos too? What a rip off! No way will I ever buy Panini again. Chrome technology? Really? That is streaching it Chris. Guess they will try whatever they can till they get MLB licensing. I’d rather buy older Upper Deck products to assists them with their laywer fees. Panini=ugly generic cards. Panini is the “China” of the industry. Cheap and fake!

Posted May 3, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Permalink
joe

Richard…. I understand the problem with the sticker autographs. All what you mentioned are good valid points.
Anthony….. I am not crying about it. I want them to mention the sticker autographs.
You guys are totally missing my point. I want them to say if its a sticker or not. I just want them to fair about. Go back and watch the Box Busters from 2012 Upper Deck Football and the 2012 Upper Deck World of Sport and the 2011 SP Authentic Basketball and Football. They never once mentioned the sticker autographs. I am just asking why do they always make it point to mention the sticker autographs for Panini and Topps but they don’t mention it for Upper Deck products. Is that fair.

Posted May 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Permalink
Matt Gilman

I am personally fine with sticker autos. I don’t see what the fuss is all about. They kinda add a shine to the card. Almost like a refractor autograph.

I like this product and the break. Thanks guys!

Posted May 4, 2012 at 6:59 am | Permalink
don davis

stickers is not the problem ..the crappy product is the problem,

Posted May 4, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink
JeffNSU

Can Panini’s designers be any more lazy? Look at the non-auto prospect card with the huge white space at the bottom. Just take the 2 minutes to make a new design.

Posted May 4, 2012 at 9:30 am | Permalink
Cincyscott

No thanks I’ll pass on this product thanks for the heads up

Posted May 4, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Permalink
Don Whalen

I have a question concerning Topps Heritage 2012. What do I look for when I look for “color swap” (CS)? Thank you in advance.

From mod: See the current issue of Beckett Baseball (Pujols on cover).

Posted May 5, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Permalink
bobby jackson

Can I have the C C Sabathia auto,I am a big N Y Yankees Fan

Posted May 6, 2012 at 10:09 am | Permalink
Jeff

I’d figured Panini could get the MLB license. I didn’t realize until after I bought a box. I’d much rather an on-sticker auto than a card with no teams logos. Its seems cheap and lame to see Jose Bautista wearing what looks like a batting helmet from my under 13 baseball team.

Anyone want a Stever Finley and/or Edgar Martinez?

Posted May 8, 2012 at 1:10 am | Permalink
Philippe Morin

I think it looks great i just bought 2 boxes and i think i did good. Im just not so sure about the numbered of the cards…got a nice patch of Harmon Killebrew numbered 01/12 !!??
Do you know when the price guide will be for the Panini will be here??

Posted May 12, 2012 at 10:01 am | Permalink
MikeyEsq

I really tried to have an open mind about Panini Baseball this year, but Im sorry I just cant get behind them. They all look very similar and cheap. Its just not the same without the team logos. I really wish MLB wasnt so greedy and allowed for 2 licensees (it works in other sports). To just give one exclusive license is not good for the hobby (regardless what the may try to get you to believe). Its actually backfired as local hobby shops are getting killed with this stuff. Prime Cuts was supposed to sell at $250 a box and my LCS cant give it away for $150. Horrible. C’mon MLB….instead of making a billion dollars, how bout 999 million and allow for a tiny bit of real competition in the marketplace?

Posted May 13, 2012 at 1:00 am | Permalink