Box Busters: Random 2012 Topps baseball products at the hobby shop

Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds visited Nick’s Sports Cards in Dallas, Texas, on Wednesday to see what was being ripped (to go with some footage from awhile back).

What will be found inside the packs? Watch and find out …

cybertrenz02

Chris, sweet pull on the Aaron….pulled one myself back in 2001 out of a topps blaster from k-mart…it was the golden anniversary of his….congrats

Posted April 4, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Permalink
bill johnson

those are some sweet pulls chris. i never get that lucky when i buy packs. i do gotta say that topps tribute is my fav product right now.

Posted April 5, 2012 at 7:02 am | Permalink
Michael Chase

Man some of these cars would look great even on a classic cars showroom floor.

Posted April 5, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Permalink
Tom Waldron

Wow looks like Beckett pays you well…lol.
Very nice Chris was that a Ricky Hendrson card also how about a recap on those sweet pulls. If i’m in the Beckett area I’m going to that card shop very nice I’m not that lucky here in Roanoke 1 card shop and lots of Walmarts …oh well love to see the hits ….thats why I’m going to the National in Baltimore in August.one word -VARIETY.
Thanks Tom w

Posted April 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

None of those rips were mine.

Posted April 5, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Permalink
carboardcaleb

So good to see Nick’s getting some love.

Posted April 6, 2012 at 7:15 am | Permalink
Don Whalen

I have a question concerning Topps Heritage 2012 cards. I was wondering what the abbreviations for some special cards mean…I am new to this and would appreciate anyone’s input…The abbreviations are: WM,CS,TAR,BW,AND ERR VAR. I would like to know what these mean and what to look for…Thank You in advance.

Posted April 7, 2012 at 10:59 am | Permalink
chrisolds

WM = walmart blue border
CS = Color Swap
TAR = Target red border
ERR = Error
VAR = Variation.

There is a guide to all of the Heritage variations in the next issue of Beckett Baseball. Albert Pujols on the cover. Should arrive later this month.

Posted April 7, 2012 at 11:39 am | Permalink
Tom Waldron

Chris Keep up the the Ripping retail vids love them. Great info and I’m always looking for older stuff to rip thats why Im looking forward to the National this year.
Only problem is i’ve seen a lot of sticking with older cards is this a matter of glossy finish or the way it’s been stored or both? Also is there a way to unstick these cards I have a couple boxes of Tigers 1st year the box sets and his card is on bottom but a lot of them are stuck together.
thanks

Posted April 10, 2012 at 9:19 am | Permalink
chrisolds

Tom: That’s a problem with some cards in the past. Sometimes, the products just don’t age well. Sometimes, it depends on where they were stored. If they are really stuck together, I have tried the snap-crackle-pop where you essentially take a stack and stiffly bend (but not bend) until they pop apart. sometimes it works, sometimes cards come apart with surface damage.

Posted April 10, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Permalink
Don Whalen

Thanks Chris…but you failed to tell me what BW means.

Posted April 13, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink
chrisolds

What card is that attached to?

BW is likely for the image swaps, which have the black and white image as the main image on the card.

Posted April 13, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink