Box Busters: 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

bill johnson

ive already started getting all the variations of the frank thomas which you guys pulled. there’s two different david wright jersey versions. one white and one blue. not sure if its a parallel or just the home/away jersey. there’s also retail versions of some of the cards, and i believe their gold or blue. im looking to pick up a box of retail this week. got my fingers crossed for the frank thomas auto.

Posted April 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Permalink
Justin G

I bought my first box of Queen the other day and I like the design of the cards. I agree with the guys in the video that the variations are pretty tedious. None of my autos or relics were worth the box price but I lucked out and pulled a Dustin Pedroia mini printing plate card. Overall I would say that it’s a nice set but if you don’t hit a home run in the box you will feel like you wasted your money I think.

Posted April 23, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Permalink
Tom Waldron

Chris I have to agree on the color looks a little odd.
Not to be too much of a critic here but I’m sure if you get a nice HOF auto you like the product but if you get an average Joe probly not so much. I kinda like the mini’s as I do in A&G but when does a SP become a gimick is my Question. Topps does rely a lot of it in their Products and thats a little 80’s flasback isn’t it.I bought this at retail last year several Racks and had good luck probably will not go for a hobby box. Thanks for the Break guys keep up the good work.

Posted April 24, 2012 at 9:02 am | Permalink
Michael Chase

I’ve been trying to wrap my brain around how I feel about these cards. I bought a retail rack pack of these and was pleasantly surprised and yet somehow I managed to utter “meh”. They look nice yet feel cheap. I think my final conclusion about these cards is that they are “delightfully odd.”

Posted April 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Permalink
Jason Beard

I love the look of them. I’ve been patiently waiting for this producct. I like the on-card auto’s. Chris, I need that Heisey auto bad!!! Hook it up please. He’s my new Nick Swisher! Greatjob Topps!

Posted April 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink
Andy Price

I’d love to have my name in the hat if you guys are giving these cards away

Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:32 am | Permalink