Beckett Basketball Poll: Blake Griffin or Derrick Rose … who you got?

By Chris Olds | Beckett Basketball Editor

In the next issue of Beckett Basketball, we’re going to ask a simple question that might not be so simple for collectors to answer.

We want to know what you think right here with a couple of online polls.

The main question … who do you collect, reigning league MVP Derrick Rose or reigning Rookie of the Year Blake Griffin?

Griffin or Rose: Who you got?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Take the poll and let us know why you voted the way you did in the comments below …

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Basketball magazine. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

Kevin

I vote for Kevin Love

Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Permalink
XstreamINsanity

I collect Pistons, but if I were limited to only those two choices, I’d easily go for Derrick Rose. He’s as good or better at almost every part of the game as Griffin. The only thing Griffin may have an edge on Rose is rebounding. Rose is also one class act.

@Kevin – Kevin would definitely be in my top 3, he’s an awesome person and player.

Posted January 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Permalink
Todd Gack

I was thinking the same thing with Love. He’s a beast, and so what if he plays in Minnesota? Just because it’s not as collectible as some of the hobby hotbeds, it shouldn’t preclude Love from hobby exposure. I think it’d be awesome if he was featured, the exposure would be great for both Love’s hobby presence and and Beckett giving some love (no pun intended) to someone outside the usual players. He has unquestionably turned from an average big man to a dominant star in the NBA.

Posted January 20, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Permalink
Michael Chase

I went with Rose because it was one of his insert cards that re-introduced me to the hobby. I hadn’t collected any cards in nearly thirteen years and one day while I was leaving work at Walmart I decided to pick up a pack of 2009 Upper Deck basketball. And there it was staring me right in the face, a Now Appearing Derrick rose insert and a flash flood of memories from my former collecting days. I understand that this card doesn’t carry much monetary value but to me it’s priceless as I have been collecting ever since. Rose is the total package, but Griffin isn’t far behind.

Posted January 21, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Permalink
Matt

I would go with D. Rose. To be honest, it’s not even close. Blake Griffen is a great dunker. That is about all. D Rose is an all around leader, scorer, assist maker and defender, plus he can get up as well. D Rose will lead the Bulls to a championship or three, I can not say the same about Blake. And, in a couple of years, I feel that Rose will outpace Blake in value as well. Of course, these are not my first choices, as I prefer to collect the top 50-60 players of all time, and I am sure Rose will be there in 10 years or so.

Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Permalink
Rob

Derrick Rose all the way!

Posted January 22, 2012 at 6:46 am | Permalink
andy

derrick rose all the way, collecting him
question is there a list somewere with every single d rose card
not sets but a complete player checklist
anyone know of such a list

Posted January 29, 2012 at 1:20 am | Permalink