Box Busters: 2011 Gold Standard Football

Beckett Football‘s Dan Hitt and Andrew Tolentino tear into a box (or a bar, or a brick, or whatever you want to call it) of Panini’s 2011 Gold Standard football product.

Did they land a diamond card or a piece of the precious metal? Watch and find out.

Don Davis

Typical Panini.. No bang for your buck.

Posted December 13, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Permalink
Brandon Mason

For $200 bucks, that was definately a miss. Looks like a box I would probably pull (minus the Tom Brady)!

Posted December 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Permalink
Walter Peoples

I am not impressed. Don’t care for Panini at all. I bought a box of Timeless Treasures about couple of months. I got a Same Bradford/James Laurinitis hit Prime Combos Jersey Signatures #’d to 5. I am still waiting on my card. I hope I will get the card before the season ends. I did not see a lot of impressive hits in the Timeless Treasures from what I seen on the secondary markets and if they were good hits they must all be redemptions. Who knows how long it takes until they are redeemed. I think I am going to stay away from buying any Panini boxes in the future. I will just by individual cards.

Posted December 13, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Permalink
Chris Wardner

Didn’t some Beckett guy go to work for Panini??? You’d think he could explain to folks that redemption cards have to get filled asap and if they are late, give folks some nice cards as a courtesy for us lending you money while we wait for our cards. Perhaps he can also explain what “bang for the buck” means.

Posted December 13, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Permalink
kevin hurt

sucks bad

Posted December 13, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Permalink
tom waldron

This is way overpriced and I have to agree on the redemptions. From what I’ve seen lately from Panini hasn’t been well thought out just rushed to the market to get them some bang for their junk.Nothing worse to see a 200 so called vale box and get redemps. Same thing on the Black box basketball. Also I believe Panini has hired someone from Upper Deck. Look out more tiny jerseys and more redemptions.

Posted December 14, 2011 at 8:30 am | Permalink
larry

Not impressive at all. PASS!!!!!!

Posted December 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Permalink
steve-o

wouldnt it be nice, if they listened to customers & their input on both what is good (sounds like a VERY SHORT LIST) & what ‘sucks bad’.

Wouldnt it be nice if redemptions were handled in a more efficient manner.

Wouldnt it be nice if we knew with uncertainty that every single jersey was/is from whomever is on the card (basic math; what costs more for the card companies to purchase a) a Babe Ruth jersey or b) a common player from the last 40 years of baseball or football or basketball or……………….).
All we can do is have faith, that these companies are being responsible & truthful & no names mentioned (but does anyone remember certain cards being re-printed after they did so good in their 1990/91 high series french edition ?? but of course the person in charge denied it, even though there were later dates to prove it…..hmmmmmmmmm

Lastly……..HEY PANINI (and TOPPS !!)……if we must continue to put out retail versions of cards/sets. cant you locate any different number in the universe than /999 ?!?! Donruss Elite football had the base rookies, the NFL teams & NFL shields insert sets & then the special black friday cards….all numbered to /999. When you put out stuff that resembles itself in both hobby & retail versions….it can confuse some of these eBay sellers who dont know a lot about collecting cards-only selling them !!

thanks