Panini adds Super Bowl pylons to Black Friday

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Contributing Editor

Black Friday is a shopper’s dream with bargains galore at every mall and major department store.

Over the last few years, card companies and hobby shops have been getting involved with the day-after-Thanksgiving bonanza, which has became famous for door-busting deals.

This year, Panini America is trying to make Black Friday memorable for football lovers, especially Green Bay Packers fans.

Along with a base set of Black Friday cards offered in a redemption program, Panini is offering pieces of pylons from Super Bowl XLV. The Packers won that game 31-25 over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

These pylons will only be offered by Panini as part of the Super Bowl insert with the Black Friday promotion as event-used memorabilia cards.

Many of the cards in the set will be centered around Super Bowl MVP and Packers quarterback Aaron Rogers with his autograph and pieces of the pylon embedded in the card.

Over the next week, Panini will offer more information regarding its Black Friday promotion, including participating dealers.

Susan Lulgjuraj is a contributing editor for Beckett Media. You can email Susan here. Follow her on Twitter here.

Great job Panini! GREAT PROMOTION! These Black Friday Packs are really adding to the excitement at my store. I am allowing customers to reserve their packs by buying Panini Football Products today and it’s a HUGE hit.

Posted November 15, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Permalink
Tom Waldron

To just add to the comment above not all shops are alike.
As I understand only “SELECT’ hobby stores are in the plan so it isn’t like everyone is in the plan.
What is the purchase Progam on the Packs 1 per box bought 5 per case I haven’t heard yet the foundaton for Giving these packs out. Sounds good on surface but I wonder will me the average Joe have a chance and shouldn’t Panini announce where these Select stores are.
just saying…….

Posted November 16, 2011 at 9:10 am | Permalink
card opinionator

Those are darn good looking cards!

Posted November 16, 2011 at 9:21 am | Permalink
Susan Lulgjuraj

Tom,

Panini said they were going to release the names of participating dealers. Just have to wait until they give out the info.

Posted November 16, 2011 at 11:14 am | Permalink
Adam Shoemaker

This is STUPID! Pylons are rarely EVER touched by a player. Even if they came from the Super Bowl, it’s still pointless. I’d much rather have a GU’d JSY swatch of a player from an unknown game than have a piece of a SB XLV pylon! They’d be better off by offering a piece of the turf from the Super Bowl than the pylon! I’d def. be more interested in that!

Posted November 16, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Permalink
Scott

I think this is stupid also. Why not put a fans skirt that was at the game on the card. I figure they are about the same. Both at the superbowl and that’s it. It’s about as good as a staduim seat card. Not interseted at all.

Posted November 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Permalink
kevin hurt

its panini so who cares they still owe my 3 redemptions from 2 years ago. every thing this company does is redem and they rarely deliver them anymore. and these cards are so ugly anyway just like most of there cards. and dont get me started on pylons just stupid.

Posted November 20, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Permalink
chris bradley

My local card store owner said they are not taking part in this because of the way Panini is doing it.Panini is forcing card stores to buy there old inventory to get these Black Friday packs to hand out to us.They are not just handing them over the card stores like they want to make you think.That is something Panini is not telling us.They want to make the card stores that dont participate look bad.Shame on you Panini!

Posted November 22, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Everything costs something. Other companies have made dealers buy their promo packs for in-shop events.

Posted November 22, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Permalink