Box Busters: 2011 Topps Tier One baseball

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into not one but two boxes of 2011 Topps Tier One baseball cards in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside?  Watch and find out …

Tom Waldron

HA HA HA really Topps wow not a winner here Tears for sure if I paid more than 50 for that box.
Looks like Topps leftovers here. Looks like a Tribute/threads/ moment & milestones blend.
I’d say this has to be at 80-100 a box that’s 1 pack 1 box 1 c note maybe…maybe..
thanks as always guys.

Posted November 17, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Permalink
Matt Wood

I’ll take that Halladay if you want to give it out!

Posted November 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Permalink
Adam Shoemaker

Enough with the ‘ONE’, Chris!!! ;) :D This was an amusing break to watch though. Now for my comment about the product:

I do like the design a lot! I don’t like the redemptions (as always) and I don’t like the price. I would not pay $100 for a pack of these. Even 2 packs per box at that price would not make me jump on it. I MIGHT be willing to buy a box (pack) for $40-60 but I would only do it once, unless I pulled something really good (and redemptions don’t count)! For that price, redemptions should NOT be in there or there should be several more cards (not all base either). I really like the look of the parallels that you guys pulled, but the parallels should have lower Serial #’s.
Overall, I like the product but not at that price!

Posted November 17, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Permalink
James

I would say not worth the money.

Posted November 18, 2011 at 12:10 am | Permalink
Brian Schumacher

I would take either of those boxes. I paid $99 for mine at Stadium Cards in Ypsilanti MI. I got a dual jersey of Brian McCann, an Eric Thames auto, a guy in AA auto, and a bunch of base cards. Total maximum ebay value of $14. It’s amazing that they could put out a box that is this bad for this price. I am a collector so the value is not the most damning part. There were no retired players (base or otherwise) and I have no interest in the players in the box. Stay away from this product.

Posted November 18, 2011 at 9:39 am | Permalink
John p

Horrible, horrible product. Topps needs a new product and brand manager quick.

Posted November 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Permalink
Josh

This really does look bad.

Posted November 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Permalink
BrewCrewUK

ONE hell of a box busters.Sorry.

Posted November 18, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink
Scott87

Ill work for Topps. There high end stuff seems to have lost touch with the folks that are picky with there money. People want value for there many….not a bunch of numbered cards and relics that may or may not be from the player. Less is more at this point. If they limiited the sets they put out, instead of 10 to 5, there product and VALUE would improve greatly. You shouldnt call a product Tier 1 without having top players in every box. At this point, Chrome and Ginters are the only reason I buy Topps products.

Posted November 18, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Permalink
Galar

I cannot believe no one has commented that you pulled a case hit in your 2 boxes… :)

Posted November 18, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Permalink
Josh

“I cannot believe no one has commented that you pulled a case hit in your 2 boxes…”

If that’s true that they got a “case hit,” that’s depressing. Why? BECAUSE no one noticed.

Posted November 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Nice clean design on base cards. Only 26,633 boxes made (if my math is correct).

523 relic cards of each of the following: Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Jimmy Foxx, Rogers Hornsby, Roy Campanella, Pew Wee Reese, Tris Speaker, George Sisler, Johnny Bench, Reggie Jackson, Thurman Munson, and Ichiro. Thats 6799 of these all-time greats, or about 1 in 4 boxes.

The Crowd-Pleaser Autos include Don Mattingly, Willie McCovey, Ozzie Smith, Chipper Jones, and Clayton Kershaw. Top Tier Autos (regular & Gold) 1:12, and autographed cuts 1:1030 boxes of Cy Young, Mel Ott, Mickey Mantle, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Dizzy Dean Thurman Munson, Walter Johnson, Connie Mack, “Home Run” Baker, and more.

I like this product.

Posted November 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Permalink
Ryan H

Tragic product… I purchased a 10 box case ($1000) and my best 4 cards were:
#1 Tony Gwynn auto #/99
#2 Willie Mays bat relic #/399
#3 Josh Hamilton auto #/99
#4 Ervin Santana auto #/25

WORST PRODUCT EVER!! WARNING DO NOT BUY!!

Posted November 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Permalink
Mike McGovern

Seriously??? How do they number autographs higher than base cards??? That looks terrible.

Another disappointment from Topps. STOP putting all the junk in premium products!

Posted November 21, 2011 at 12:30 am | Permalink
Matthew Gilman

Very sweet break Chris!

Posted November 21, 2011 at 8:56 am | Permalink
nathan crandell

So lets all complain about getting auto’s. They have the high number of autos to give the customer more autos. I know it is strange to get a higher number on autos than base. If that is such a complaint, topps should just stop including numbers. I like the set, just a little too expensive.

Posted November 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Permalink
Mike McGovern

We’re not complaining about getting auto’s. We’re complaining about getting crap autos. If they want to give a cheap auto just to give out more, then they should include at least one decent other card. Btw, u should talk…buying the INDIANS in a Triple Threads for a couple bucks then complaining when u dont get a hit.

Posted November 23, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Permalink