Box Busters: 2011 Topps Chrome football cards

Join Beckett Football’s Dan Hitt and Andrew Tolentino as they rip into a pair of 2011 Topps Chrome football boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? What won’t they find inside? Watch and find out …

Larry

Ive always liked Topps Chrome but they went way overboard on the parallels. There is about 10 different regular card versions and about 10 different autograph versions of every color. Adding the Bowman Chrome autographs to the Topps Chrome product just takes away from Topps Chrome this year and last. I never have liked Bowman Chrome so keep it out of my Topps Chrome. I would be pissed if I got one of those crappy bowman chrome auto’s as my box hit. Topps next year maybe try slimming down on the parallels, it;s getting ridiculous.

Posted November 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Permalink
Larry

I also forgot to mention that this years cards just like last years are horrible overall on the centering. Topps you need to clean this up. I actually like the regular Topps product better this year, the variation rookie auto’s from the regular Topps should be priced way higher because they are actually 1000 times more scarce than the chrome versions.

Posted November 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Permalink
Seth Deschon

I like the atomic refactors.

Posted November 2, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Permalink
Chris

I have to say that I would be irritated if I did not get an autograph in my box that I paid a pretty good amount of money for. I feel these companies should at least make the contents of your box worth the money you pay. Two boxes that contained a subpar rookie autograph in total make me feel this product may not be worth the money we collectors pay.

Posted November 2, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Permalink
steve

now c’mon people…..as far as auto’s go- we are suppose to be overjoyed if its an on card autograph !! To me, thats a sad state of this hobby-hype up a product, with “on card auto’s” (and I apologize……Im not even sure, if this product has those or not ).

The hobby has gotten so ridiculous (with what Larry pointed out-on parallels) with memorbilia and with the plethora of autographs. I was chatting with my uncle two weeks ago and he was telling me stories of ripping open wax packs-WITH NO AUTO’s, WITH NO MEMORBILIA & WITH NO PARALLELS……WHATSOEVER !!! Now, keep in mind, he was talking about being a young teenager & the year was 1958- BUT STILL !!

Posted November 2, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Permalink
Wes

The blandness of base cards, inserts, etc is due to the companies targeting their energy for products ONLY based on the BIG hits. This is evident as insert sets are always “throwback sets” or retread’s of “classic” card designs. If the companies put their effort into fewer products with great design, photography and set inclusions, I think we would see a shift in “hobby love”. Then again, I doubt the companies would make nearly as much money on products built that way…so I probably should have saved my breath/keystrokes…

Posted November 3, 2011 at 9:52 am | Permalink