By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

If it’s been a little quiet around here on Beckett.com/news, we have a reason … we just put another print project to bed.

In the printer’s hands now — and sure to be in yours soon — is the latest Beckett Presents title, Cardinals: 2011 World Champs. It’s a 100-page, full-color recap of the team’s World Series run that ended with a win in Game 7 on Friday night.

Inside, you’ll find a spread for every game the Cardinals played this postseason en route to their 11th championship in franchise history. You’ll also find spreads with bios and basic information for all of the team’s starters along with their regular-season stats, their baseball card values and more.

See a hint of what’s inside the magazine after the jump …

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an email to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

Terry Kwentus

I cant wait to get my hands on that! Thank You Beckett for honoring one of the Greatest Franchises in Baseball History.

Posted October 29, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Permalink
robert

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. why are you putting the ARod of the Cardinals (didn’t show up except for Game 3) on the cover?

How about Freese or Craig or Carpenter or Berkman? They were more of a factor in the cardinals win than Pujols.

Great news for cardinals fans – a championship title and the fact they can win wthout Pujols!

Posted October 29, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Permalink
Greg

Rangers fan here just wanting to congrats the Cardinals on the series win.

Posted October 29, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Permalink
Adam Shoemaker

It looks great! Can we buy it here on the website? Or do I have to go hunt a copy down at a local retailer? I am almost as interested in acquiring this issue as I am at acquiring an actual WS program from Busch Stadium. ;)

Posted October 29, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Permalink
Keith

I think Dan Freese The WS MVP should’ve been on the cover. I am a big Pujols fan and he’s been on many beckett covers. Dan should’ve gotten his chance to shine.

Posted October 30, 2011 at 10:26 am | Permalink
chrisolds

I posted a link to the Beckett store. I think it will be found there, but I am not sure.

Keith: It’s David Freese. To a degree, that’s why he’s not on the cover. He’s not as recognizable as Albert Pujols, despite MVP award. Pujols is the household name. Berkman is a newcomer and Carpenter just isn’t as recognizable as the best hitter in the game.

Posted October 30, 2011 at 11:49 am | Permalink
Marc

Chris: Yes, Freese isn’t recognizable, but there are reasons that players like him continue to be. Placing him on the cover adds to him being recognized. If you guys (and others, just being general here) would put some of the low-key heroes on covers and such, they might actually be known. Besides, Pujols wasn’t a factor, so it’s kinda pointless blowing him up even farther…and this comes from a die-hard Cards fan!

Posted October 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Pujols did have a three-homer game in the World Series … and he’s the compelling story heading into the off-season as well. There’s a bit more on Freese in the issue but he’s not seen here.

Posted October 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Permalink
CNR

When you rube Cardinals fans buy this, you have to stare at the cover for a few seconds before opening it like Pujols stares at his home runs (or in some cases, fly outs). Least classy players and fans in baseball.

Posted October 30, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Permalink
Ross

Berkman’s far from a newcomer and he made an arguable run at series MVP. I suppose if the Rangers had won, Josh Hamilton would’ve been the cover boy despite having a so-so series since Napoli and Cruz are relative ‘no-names.’

Posted October 31, 2011 at 8:27 am | Permalink
chrisolds

Let me re-state the obvious: Lance Berkman is a newcomer … to St. Louis.

Posted October 31, 2011 at 8:59 am | Permalink
Marc

Chris, I see your point about the 3 homer game, but that’s 1 game. Gotta give the little guys credit where it’s due. Personally think it should have been Freese as the headliner considering the postseason he had and the fact of winning LCS ans WS MVP back to back, and a feature on Pujols record-tying game. And as far as the off-season issue, this is supposed to be a WS celebration, right? Get away from the superstar ego inflation and give it to the guys who deserve it! Thanks for the response by the way, nice to get some feedback from the source.

Posted October 31, 2011 at 9:59 am | Permalink
Kevin

Why wouldn’t Beckett put Pujols on the cover? He is the biggest player on the team. Big names sell issues, Beckett is in the buisness of selling issues.

Stop actig like the cover is somehow tied to merit. Freese did have a huge series and he was awarded the Series MVP award.

Posted October 31, 2011 at 11:19 am | Permalink
Tim Toeniskoetter

This is a very nice tribute to the 2011 World Series Champions. When can we expect this to be available? Your store doesn’t show it available just yet.

Posted October 31, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Permalink
Marc

I’m sorry I stated my opinion Kevin, thought I had that right. As for your comments, I understand that Pujols is the biggest, but he didn’t do anything other than Game 3 the entire series. People like Craig, Freese, Carpenter, or Motte did something and should have their faces on the cover, not just a typical superstar picture. That issue is going to sell regardless of who is on it, just because of the fanbase and the fact that people collect things like that.

Posted October 31, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

One Trackback

1. [...] article: We hope St. Louis Cardinals fans enjoy this one … Beckett’s World Series commemorative issue admin posted at 2011-10-30 Category: [...]