Box Busters: 2011 Topps Marquee baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2011 Topps Marquee boxes in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

wampier

Any one seen a pic of the Ty Cobb Jersey card (product hit)?

:Gametime Mementos
Ty Cobb Jersey 1/1
Serial Numbered #/1
Product Hit

Posted September 30, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Permalink
KZED

Nothing like shilling out for a specific distributor to show how impartial you guys are…

I’m not a big baseball guy myself, but I was pointed toward Topps Marquee the other day when I went to DAVE & ADAMS CARDWORLD. The guys at DAVE & ADAMS CARDWORLD were really informative and helped me pick out a very good box, where I pulled a quad patch out of 5. I agree with really loving the jumbo sized jersey cards, as I myself pulled a copy of that “Red” card during my visit to DAVE & ADAMS CARDWORLD.

Posted September 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Been waiting for that reply. I think our “commercial” joke in there carries the spirit of the effort. And, yes, we mention Blowout at the end as they provided the boxes … and explain our “commercial.”

It’s a company providing two boxes so we can open the boxes and show you what’s inside on video.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted September 30, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Permalink
John Ward

Hook a brutha up !!!

Posted September 30, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

You might see a card given away in the next Beckett Baseball — not sure yet on specifics of that, though.

Posted September 30, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink
Mstrawn

The good part about them getting it from blowout and not topps is they didn’t get huge hits like they allways do.

Posted September 30, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Funny, we got better hits in this box in some of the boxes from the past … in fact, better than in a lot of boxes.

Posted September 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Permalink
Darin Amundson

My gosh, sometimes it seems like you guys just can’t win no matter what you do. Why would someone have a problem with a sponsored break, Blowout gave you the boxes which was very cool of them to do, so the break was sponsored by them and there was some advertising for them. Big deal.
Thanks Chris and Brian for the break, thanks Andrew for camera work, and Thank you blowout for providing the boxes. And Thanks for the commentary on the product. This product has grown on me since release, and in the 160 – 180 per box range it is a pretty entertaining break.
And I agree some secondary singles for the PC good too.

Posted September 30, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Permalink
Tom Waldron

I’m not in love with more high end products seems with the exclusive liscencing we get a little more bloat. More Sticker auto’s etc.. Now that said I do like the Titanic threads base cards looks like Stadium club /Prime combo but nice. I’m not too concerned about Beckett and Blowout come on man…. who cares just give me the break and a solid review so I can decide if I want to invest.
Just saying …great job too pricey for me though

Posted October 1, 2011 at 8:11 am | Permalink
Richard Deien

The Braun is a very very nice card, however not sold on this product, not for $50… Todays market the HOF players cards are getting cheaper and cheaper and the market is starting to get flooded. Its seems like every product that is coming out this year there is one big hit if you dont get it the product is basically garbage. For the price we are paying.Ex: Haprer in Bowman, Bowman PLatinum, A &G Manny Pacquiao. I dont know I feel our great hobby is slowly starting to fade.

Posted October 3, 2011 at 2:28 am | Permalink