Ongoing gallery: visuals from day one at the NSCC

Graders are grading. Slabbers are slabbing. Signers are signing. Redeemers are redeeming.

Even though today is technically just a sneak peak, the 32nd National Sports Collectors Convention is beaming with hobby bustle. Just to prove that, we’ll be updating this gallery as the day goes on with photos snapped on the showroom floor.

Be sure to check back as we continue to document the collecting commotion here and in other posts throughout the remainder of the show.

Robert Sobon

Awesome Photos…almost like being there.

Posted August 3, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Great pictures. I saw Joe Clemons, John Billingsly, and a few other faces I recognized. Wish I could have made it. Maybe next year.

Posted August 3, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

wow, I wish i could be there. the piles of boxes just makes me drool.

BTW, what is that signed Kobe video card doing there at the Panini stand? Isn’t that card supposed to be in circulation?

Posted August 4, 2011 at 1:33 am | Permalink
JEFFV96MASTERS

Hey I see “Big Daddy” at the Beckett Booth pimping OPG :o)

Nice to see Suds working !!

Jeff

Posted August 4, 2011 at 2:19 am | Permalink
Hoppe

Cool I wont have the time or the money to go but there is always next year maybe?

Posted August 4, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Permalink
Scott

So Panini posted a drool gallery that they are giving away at the nationals. I want to know why those cards are being held out of live product that we spend money on all the time. Panini should be giving away unopened product. Cause on alot of awesome cards that are #ed say to 25. How many are going out in the product. And how many are being held onto by Panini. Most people can’t afford to go to nationals. So Panini holdin out for the richer collectors.

From mod: They aren’t … they make extras for potential damage replacement and for events such as this.

Posted August 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Permalink
Scott

Well that’s good to know mod. Thanks for the answer.

Posted August 4, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Permalink
albert

I have seen smaller gun shows with more people in attendance. Not like it was 20 years ago… am I that old now?

Posted August 5, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Permalink