Leaf’s Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home

A one-of-a kind “Shoeless” Joe Jackson card was given away by Leaf at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago.

You’ve read the story … now see it happen.

noille

Kind of hard to believe that they only are valuing it at 80k..

Posted August 9, 2011 at 8:06 am | Permalink
brandon

Wasn’t Shoeless Joe illiterate?

Posted August 9, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Only 1 of the 3 redemptions were found? In a product that’s been out for almost a year? Mr. Gray has to be disappointed.

Posted August 9, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Permalink
Sesameest4Life

I personally find it “off” that he keeps exclaiming he’s won $80,000 when what he has is a card that they are saying might be worth that, really the purpose behind the hobby should be pulling that rare card and he should be exclaiming “You’ve got a Joe Jackson auto! A Joe Jackson Auto!” Or give the dude $80,000 and put it in a pack of Leaf cards again ha ha.

From mod: That might relate to the money it took him to acquire the cut at last year’s National — not sure.

Posted August 9, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Permalink
JonathanI

If the card found my home and I was reporting it on my taxes, I would be glad they did not value it higher than 80K.

~JonathanI

Posted August 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink
Richard

I don’t think you need report on your taxes until you actually sell it.
The value on these items are very fluid and speculative. I mean, if we had to track
the value of every pack opened to counter the value of every card pulled it would
be a hobby only someone with OCD could love.

That and the fact if we really thought about how much money has been flushed
down the toilet trying to complete a set we might have 2nd thoughts about staying
in the hobby.

In any case, its going to auction which is exactly what I would do with it.
For the money you could have lots of autographs that you will likely feel you are
more comfortable in believing were actually signed by who you think signed it.

Posted August 9, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Permalink
cincy Scott

Wow might as well have slot machines in the back ground

Posted August 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

Some people tend to play that side up a bit. I will say I noticed it a bit, myself, and it’s not a good thing to me. Others might not have had that same reaction.

Posted August 14, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink

2 Trackbacks

1. By Anonymous on August 9, 2011 at 5:04 am

[...] Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home Leaf’s Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home | __________________ Shop for Sports Cards and Trading [...]

2. [...] leaf not inserting cards… i just added the checklist up and it does come out to 261, also… Beckett News Leaf’s Joe Jackson cut autograph finds a home why even put that in if there was only 2 people opening those 4 packs. __________________ [...]