Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal

By Andrew Tolentino | Football Editor

In what appeared to be a regular routing table reveal for the Texas-based hobby powerhouse, Panini America quietly brandished a new brand for the 2011 football card calendar.

The manufacturer has extended its Midas touch to the gridiron with 2011 Gold Standard Football.

According to the limited look, Panini’s new product will “ride the wave of momentum that begins in basketball in the coming weeks.” While the debut for cardboard kin 2011 Gold standard Basketball has been delayed since it was first announced, the coming NBA arrival should shed light on the new aesthetic.

If the line is anything like its basketball brethren, the brand new brand will deliver dynamite — and probably some precious metal— in a small package. Featuring what seems to be a popular trend for Panini, Gold Standard Basketball promises one-per-case finds embedded with 14-karat gold and a concentrated five-hit, 12-card box break.

Collectors will have to wait and see how this formula pans out for football.

At this point, Gold Standard Football does not have an official (or unofficial) shelving date and is not available for pre-sale. Stay tuned to Beckett.com for more details and electronic look-sees.

Brad Nothing

This stuff looks like ****.

Posted July 7, 2011 at 11:42 am | Permalink
joe rebecco

can i order that persian rug in the background? i need an 18’x20′ for my dining room.

Posted July 7, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Permalink
Nick Tegeler

Another product where they are going to want $200-$300 for a few packs or less. Who can afford this many high end products these days? I like the products better that are $80-$110 better that offer 4 hits a box. They need to make more of these products and less of the SUPER high end stuff. I mean its not like for the premium price you get better odds getting the major hits. You just pay a lot more money for more of the same mediocre hits you can get in a Wal-Mart blaster or mid end priced box. I think if you are going to pay that kind of money on a product you should get a case of a mid end product for the same price of just 1-2 boxes of this high end stuff. Then you will get a ton more cards for your money and the same quality of hits, and your also guaranteed to get a big one with the case hit.

Posted July 7, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Permalink
shotsavereboundscore

victorian rugs and drapes were the inspiration….yuk

Posted July 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Permalink
Adam Shoemaker

YAY, more ugly cards that cost WAY too much to deliver sooooo few cards. The only way I would spend the amount of money they will want for that box is if there were at least 4x as many cards. Just b/c there are 5 ‘hits’ doesn’t mean there should only be 12 total cards. They could at least make it a 5-pack box with 10 cards/pack or 10 packs of 5 (or more cards) with the ‘hits’ being 1:2 packs. I guess that Panini and Topps think that b/c some JUNK sold last year at high prices, they can do it again and get the same response. I really hope not!!!

Posted July 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Permalink
Grandma Moses

Yeah I won’t be buying this.

Posted July 8, 2011 at 12:31 am | Permalink
DAVE M.

Yeah, I agree with the above comments. They are way to ugly to spend money on.

Posted July 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Permalink
Ryan

Wow another garbage product from Panini. I’ve pretty much quit buying their product all together because of all the hassles with their redemption process. Had 10 or so during 2010 and none went smoothly and received the wrong card most of the time! Gold Standard?…No thanks!!!!!

Posted July 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Permalink
Pukeini

I’m with these guys. If I want a fancy rug, I will by one. This looks like something that was designed by the wives of the designers.

Posted July 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

One Trackback

1. [...] not available for pre-sale. Stay tuned to Beckett.com for more details and electronic look-sees. Sneaky Panini leaks Gold Standard Football reveal | __________________ Shop for Sports Cards and Trading [...]