Preview Gallery: 2010-11 Panini National Treasures basketball

By Chris Olds | Beckett Basketball Editor

The high-end NBA release that is Panini‘s National Treasures arrives on Aug. 3 with plenty inside its famed wooden boxes, but that nearly month-long wait was satiated somewhat on Friday afternoon as Panini unleashed a new wave of card images for collectors to examine.

It’s a wave of prime patches and autograph ink that includes Logoman cards, plenty of rookies and more of what you’d expect out of a high-end product.

Oh, and it includes The Bird Mann, too. See?

See more images after the jump.

XstreamINsanity

S.I.C.K. Man I wish I had money for stuff like this.

Posted July 8, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Permalink
dante

And they wonder why they can’t get young kids back into the hobby. Like any kid or most adults could just go out and drop $400 on a few cards…….Love the cards, hate that only rich kids and adults are the ones who can purchase these. Should sell one card packs of these to people who cant spend that much on a gamble.

Posted July 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Permalink
dante

Would the price be cheaper if it didn’t come in an expensive wooden box? I think cardboard is good enough to sell these cards in.

Posted July 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Permalink
O'Bryan

So the other 12 products made this year were not good enough to get kids back in the hobby? There are all different price points for collectors, and not making the cards because some people can’t afford them doesn’t make any sense.

I will open a few cases of this product and watch like minded collectors/gamblers do the same. But if I couldn’t afford to do that, I’d buy the singles that I could afford on the secondary market.

Posted July 9, 2011 at 9:40 am | Permalink
andrew

There are tons of cheap products for younger kids to buy and im a kid that loves to collect cards and when this stuff comes out i sell some trade bait so i can buy it.

Posted July 9, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Permalink
danny hutchens

nice looking product. can’t afford it myself, but i think it is still good to have a product like this for the high rollers. i think what most collectors that can’t afford it are mainly complaining about are the products that we can afford that has nothing but junk as the hits. it gets very frustating to put out 200.00 a box and get “hits” of common players that you never have heard of, can’t pronounce their names most of the time. i just paid 150.00 for two packs of cards, my hits were both commons not even listed.i know it’s a gamble, but 75 per cent of the time that’s what we get. no wonder so many collectors are getting frustrtated with the companies.

Posted August 4, 2011 at 10:32 am | Permalink