Box Busters: 2011 Topps Series 2 baseball cards

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a box of 2011 Topps Series 2 in this latest episode of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Hoppe

All I can say is ouch not a good box! How much did the box cost to get a jersey card of Tyler Colvin? I’ll let some sucker open this stuff and get the jersey card for 2.00 down the road

Posted June 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Permalink
dodger fan

i have ever topps los angeles dodgers team set from 1958-present. and honeslty the last few years..my current binder from the last few years is looking like something out of a chucky cheese .

this stuff is such garbage these days…so for the rest of our lives each year topps is going to have a pee wee reese, duke snider, campanella, sandy koufax, and jackie robinson short printed card. why bother putting in today’s players at all..there cards are worth 3 cents.

these cards are worthless..yet morons are paying 20.00 for them..CAUSE THE THINK THEY ARE SP…so topps only made 1/2 million on them each…and if i see one more PHOTO SHOPPED card of roy campanella playing right field i am going to go nuts…HE NEVER PLAYED RIGHT FIELD!!!!!!

and the inserts are so lame..stop them..topps towns, red dimaonds, sapphires., stupid reprints.all lame

you claim your giving us the history of baseball cards…then follow you own advice and just go back to a yearly set of cards 1-650…with today’s players ..do whatever you ewant with your triple threads, and goudey crap…but stop ruining your yearly set.

your ruining my collection!

Posted June 23, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Permalink
Devan James

Chris may be on to something with Cubs hot boxes. I opened two hobby boxes and two jumbo packs from my LCS and all four of my hits were Cubs. Who’s this Trout guy you are talking about, maybe he will trade me for them?

Posted June 24, 2011 at 8:33 am | Permalink
TADontAsk

I’ve stopped buying Topps boxes, and starting this year I plan to just buy the factory sets. I just don’t like the direction in which they are going. I’m a set collector, and there just came to be waaaay too many inserts. Those ridiculous Topps Town cards even counted as one of the cards in the pack. A Mike Fontenot jersey card would be my big “hit” in a box, and I had to buy 3 boxes each of series 1 and 2 to complete the set. It wouldn’t be a problem if I had the money and storage space, but I don’t.

Frankly, now I enjoy buying boxes from the 80’s and 90’s more than spending $100 or more on a new product. Call me crazy, but a few inserts sets (NOT parallels) at a rate of 1 per box left me completely satisfied.

Posted June 24, 2011 at 8:56 am | Permalink
Lokomaikai

My thoughts are on the Topps diamond giveaway. As much as I was thrilled to have a 1953 Topps card show up on my screen after entering the code, I was somewhat disappointed in the condition of the card when it hit my door. I understand that this card is over 55 years old, but one would expect that cards coming out of the Topps vault would be a bit more pristine. The 1961 common was not much better in condition. I will, however, consider myself fortunate to hold a piece of the past, that many cannot.

From mod: They’re not coming from the Topps vault.

Posted June 25, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Permalink
chris

Guys this series complete garbage, stay away!

Posted June 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Permalink
Tank1976

I may buy a set of the regular series 1 and 2. I bought a pack of each series, so far. I like the Kimball card set. I am working on finishing the set.

On a side note, there are a lot of inserts. I am getting back into collecting new stuff and was surprised by all of the inserts. Good or bad- it is a lot.

Posted June 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Permalink
steve

do the math……on 2010 Topps baseball-manufactured hat logo cards & be amazed, by the sheer number of packs produced !!!!!!!!!!!! ( over 17 million )

Posted June 26, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Permalink
steve

on a personal note; if we as collectors do not like a certain product-then DONT buy that certain issued set. I dont agree with the monopoly Topps has gotten a hold of……but not sure if Upper Deck was a “positive influence”, like they tried to promote themselves as in the past ( they did do ‘some’ great things for the hobby…..but just like anyone else wouyld-the greed set in and as a speculation on my part….they got caught up in that greed).

ps……Topps doesnt make the Goudey line

Steve

Posted June 26, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Permalink
Rich W.

I must admit that I appreciate that all of the card manufacturers are throwing in some decent inserts, although Topps may be going a bit overboard — after all, that was one of the big problems with the sets from the mid 80s through mid 90s — no low run subsets and inserts. The one thing I really dislike is the logo patches in the Topps blaster boxes. Who’s really going to ever want those? Atleast with Upper Deck’s blaster boxes they’ve always included a Game Used Relic card. I believe that collectors in the future may have much more desire for those.

Posted July 2, 2011 at 7:01 am | Permalink
Tyler

I Just want to know exactly how big of a Nick Swisher Fan you are, because im from where he grew up and he is most defenitely my favorite player. Oh and he played agianst my cousin in high school and my cousin struck him out.

Posted July 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Permalink