Topps announces 2011 Bowman Mystery Autograph Redemptions

By Chris Olds | Baseball Editor

Collectors who ripped into boxes of 2011 Bowman may have found an autograph redemption with no name attached but Topps cleared that mystery up today.

The autograph will be one of five potential signatures, the company announced.

The player will be revealed when the card is redeemed and can be: Freddie Freeman, Aroldis Chapman, Darin Mastroianni, Jarred Cosart or Lars Anderson.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Baseball. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an e-mail to him at colds@beckett.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking here.

wampier

What about the anonymous rookie autos?

Posted May 18, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Permalink
wampier

Wouldn’t these names be on the rookie redemptions, not the prospect redemptions?

Posted May 19, 2011 at 8:51 am | Permalink
Dave

WOW!! thanks for more worthless 2nd year cards, Topps you and Upper Deck are doing an outstanding job of bringing the hobby to it’s knees. I can’t wait until collecting cards is a thing of the past and all of you are unemployed!!!!!

Posted May 19, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Permalink
Mrkrumm

Who are the prospect autos?

Posted May 22, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Permalink
MIKE KRUMM

TOPPS REALLY IS OFF THE BALL THIS YEAR WITH THE BOWMAN CHROME AUTO REDEMPTIONS. LEAVING THE HOTTEST PLAYERS OUT??? NOT REALLY A MYSTERY EXCEPT PEOPLE ARE CHASING AUTOS THAT DON’T EXSIST. NO HARPER, NO PINEDA, NO HOSMER, OR ANY OTHER EXCITING PROSPESTS! WHAT A JOKE!

Posted May 23, 2011 at 9:14 am | Permalink

WOW! I am about to pick up a box of 2011 Bowman on Weds.! I sure hope the hell I don’t get a redemption! Damn! Being MY LUCK I’d get a useless redemption………….thanks Topps for another year of disappointment………..and you wonder WHY,even though UD isn’t or can’t make BB cards, that a LOT of collectors are turning TO Upper Deck AND Panini. At this point, and I don’t usually collect Hockey and or Basketball that I am inclined to go that way and stick with Upper Deck AND Panini. Rethinking of what I am going to collect from now on and UD and Panini sure seems like a better way to go now.

Posted May 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Permalink