Box Busters: 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen baseball

Join Beckett Baseball‘s Chris Olds and Brian Fleischer as they rip into a pair of 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen baseball boxes in this latest episode of Box Busters.

What will they find inside?

Watch and find out …

Kevin P.

Sweet box breaks! I love the Ripken bat card. The stamp card is pretty weird. The Gio Gonzalez has a beautiful autograph on it, hopefully he’ll become a star and it’ll gain in value.

I love the card design, I could do without the Gypsy-cards which seem like a waste of good cardboard. Good stuff guys!

Posted May 10, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Permalink
Sean Patrick

Hey Chris! Nice C Y ( Chris Young ) stamp card. The reason that it’s a Sam Houston stamp is that Chris Young is from Houston, Tx. How can you obtain that card? Let me know man. I live in AZ and am a HUGE!!! Dbacks fan.

Thx

Posted May 10, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Permalink
Todd Gack

I enjoyed the box break, since I probably won’t find much of this product to bust myself. But I gotta call you guys at Beckett out. Why no mention anywhere of Justin Verlander’s one-walk, no-hitter? A 28 year-old ace throwing his 2nd no-hitter in an effortless, dominating fashion deserves recognition, especially in comparison to that garbage Liriano threw. So please, how about some love for JV and the city of Detroit!

Posted May 11, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink
Tom Waldron

Yeah no metion of the No-no guys what happened there Beckett???
I have a comment on the box break.
Yeah Topps cut production to try and hide the fact it blew it on the Gypsy -Lost Auto’s
Along with the Countless redemption wrapper programs Topps is really loosing it here lately.I believe a Baseball Commisioner or Sports Card Company’s is Needed more is better .
Where are the Redemptions for the Originals Gypsy cards what happend there??
I do like the card set itself it is nice and photgrapy ok and AUTO’S not bad but too many redemptions and those Gypsy cards.Would’ve been nice to Hit an original thanks Topps.

Posted May 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Permalink
Darren Friedman

Hey Chris, i just wanted to share my lucky pack break with you and Beckett readers.
Last week I purchased one pack of Gypsy Queen and pulled not one but two printing plates of Gordon Beckham (cyan and yellow plates) What are the odds? I guess Topps is really having issues with coalating this product.

Posted May 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Permalink
Robert watson

My box break was great still waiting to see who topps will send as a replacement auto, but my box had a Prince william kate middleton crown jewel card which has since been moved via ebay. but overall nice set

Posted May 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Permalink
chris jesmain

Nice break, i grabbed up a Koufax on card auto and a pujols mini auto relic redemption in the same box, any idea what the odds are on that

Posted May 14, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Permalink
Gerald

I am new here. It has been a long time since I have been into BaseBall card collecting and just getting back in. Would someone on here be as kind enough to tell me which brand of cards and which sets are the best to purchase for 2011? Topps Heritage, try to get Topps Refractor cards (ie like Mickey Mantle, etc..). Maybe Upper Deck? I would appreciate some insight on which brand of cards would be most beneficial to me to try to buy? Or is it one of those things like Ford and Chevy? Some will swear that Upper Deck is best and some swear on Topps (like some do with Ford’s and Chevy’s)?

Thanks guys!