Rippin’ Retail: 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball

Join Beckett Baseball’s Chris Olds as he makes an adventure of going to Target to find baseball cards in this latest Rippin’ Retail video.

What else does he find during the adventure? Find out if you dare …

I pulled some decent hits from my walmart rack packs

Posted April 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Permalink
kris burak

I bought a blaster at target the other day and much to my surprise got a josh johson relic card in it. I think that is the first hit I have gotten in atleast 20 blasters.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

The odds aren’t great in blasters this year but, really, the “hits” aren’t great in hobby either at one per.

So, for $100 you can have 40 packs of blasters or you can have basically 24 packs of hobby with a likely bat/jersey Relic.

That explains why I have gone with retail on this brand.

Ironically, I have done very well landing green variations out of retail (1:100+ packs). I have pulled I think 4-5 when statistically, I should have pulled one or none.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Permalink
Zachary VanDeHey

Fun video, keep them coming man

Posted April 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

It’s a lot faster to snap pics and tweet in the store than it is to edit pics into video in a timely fashion, but I’ll keep trying. Haha.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Permalink
Randall Roberson

I had more luck with the hobby box, a jackie robinson half dollar, a relic and five chromes. The retail box was a bust with only two chromes.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

I got a blaster from walmart (5th all together) and got a green tint, green chrome refractor, and a framed topps stamps card in the same box. A week before a black ref. from the same store.

A couple of years ago I got a duel auto redemption that was supposed to be hobby only.

2001 I could only find one Heritage blaster and got a Glavine Auto

But have only had this kind of luck from Heritage Blasters

Posted April 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Permalink
Mark Howard

Still nada on the Cliff Lee #227- for those who may not have spied it, my copy of this card show his home listed as Benton, Arizona and should be Benton, Arkansas.

Posted April 4, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Permalink
Matt Jett

I pulled the only auto I’ve ever pulled (haven’t been collecting long) out of a retail Heritage blaster. It was Dan Dobbek, a guy I’d never heard of who barely played, but I was still really excited.

Posted April 5, 2011 at 3:37 am | Permalink
Nick

great video

Posted April 5, 2011 at 11:11 am | Permalink
Randall Roberson

I can not find any cards at the target or wal-mart!

Posted April 5, 2011 at 11:46 am | Permalink

customer cracked a box and got the hobby box HOT box with green chrome refractors in every pack! Also a real one auto came out. He was estatic! Listed the chromes on the bay and it paid for the box. Got $50.00 for the auto.

Posted April 5, 2011 at 11:49 am | Permalink
rich martin

What is the story on Heritage #24, Detroit team card? No value listed by Becketts on line. Is there something special about this card?

Posted April 5, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Permalink
Dale Farkas

I bought a blaster at Walmart a few days ago. Pulled an Ernie Banks Auto Red Ink #20/62. I wasn’t planning on getting anything good, so I was surprised when I saw that card.

Posted April 5, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Permalink
Mike S.

Bought packs at Target and pulled a wonderful Whitey Ford Patch/CC Sabathia Jersey Clubhouse Collection dual card #’d to 62!

Posted April 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Permalink
john drew

I am looking for a comprehensive list of all Clubhouse inserts for the 2011 Topps Heritage. I am aware that there are several variations for some of the cards ( ex. Albert Pujols, Red and White Jersey). Therefore, I know that there is more than fifty (50) cards. Can anyone give a definite number. Thanks

Posted January 20, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Permalink