Box Busters: 2011 SAGE HIT football cards

Join Beckett Football’s Andrew Tolentino and Dan Hitt as they rip into a box of 2011 SAGE Hit football cards in this latest edition of Box Busters.

What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Rogue655

That box was amazing for an Oregon resident like me! I need that Jeff Maehl and Casey Matthews

Posted March 18, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink
chad shuster

I really enjoy this product and the inserts are awesome
I own every Upperdeck Sp set from the football genre starting with The very first year when they had came out with this great product, some of my favorites are joe flacco rc, peyton manning rc , and most of all mark sanchez rc. this 2010 Sp authentic is great and loaded with tons of great players and i enjoy this as a collector its a great chance way to build a set as i have over the years.

Posted March 18, 2011 at 11:12 am | Permalink
Brendan

Man, those look terrible. I’ll save my money for the Leaf or Topps draft sets.

Posted March 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Permalink
david jones

i have to agree those are some of the worst looking cards but there are a few cool looking insert sets, really not digging the guys not being in there college uni’s

Posted March 18, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Permalink
Craig

That product is garbage. This will be my first year not buying ANY Sage or Press Pass.

Posted March 19, 2011 at 12:38 am | Permalink
Von Beyond

High school photos? Exaggerated big heads? This is a horrible concept.

Posted March 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Permalink
dond68

REAL CRAP HERE!! SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Posted March 20, 2011 at 7:55 am | Permalink
Brent

I bought a box last week and literally had the EXACT SAME auto hits – color and everything… pretty disappointing to see this video

Posted March 20, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Permalink
chris bradley

Crap,Sage Hit is total crap.

Posted March 21, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Cards look absolutely terrible. I have collected the Sage but never the Sage Hit. Get rid of the Hit.

Posted March 21, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Permalink
KZED

I picked up a blaster of this junk last night at my local WallyWorld. It really is total crud. They don’t have the collegiate liscence anymore, so they can’t even say where the player goes to college, the back lists their HIGH SCHOOL!! The “Artistry” cards are all painted/altered to erase any reference to they player’s team. My one blaster had 2 autos (which are bagged seperately from the packs, so they’re easy to steal out of the boxes) and of the 4 “PRE-ROOKIE” cards, 2 were the same (Cam Newton, so I’m not REALLY complaining..).

Furthermore, since the “low series” is only 50 cards, I probably pulled 2 complete sets from my blaster, I can’t imagine how much extra junk cards you’d pull from whole box…

I can’t really see even a player collector caring much for these.

Posted March 22, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Permalink
Thomas

I also picked up 2 of the Walmart boxes at $20 a piece. Crappy. Don’t buy them. The only good part was the 4 guaranteed Autographs, but they are all standards, no Gold’s or specials. A LOT of duplicates, but since there are only 50 different cards in the main set so far, what can you expect. Out of 2 of these boxes, ZERO glittery cards and ZERO of the Big Time cards. Not a SINGLE card out of the two boxes that is “special”.

What I’m pissed most about is 2 things: 1) The packs are labeled “Collector’s Edition”, but there was not 1 thing that makes them Collector worthy, and 2) There is apparently a production error. I had 1 pack with 7 cards, and another pack had 3 cards. So I DID get the total 10 cards, but what would’ve happened if I got the 3 card pack and not the 7 card pack? I could’ve been shorted 2 cards that I paid for.

So, stick with the main run of these cards, or just wait for the Topps set to come out, IMO. BTW, what sets do most of you collect? Trying to find what the best set to collect is. I usually stick with Topps, but that’s purely because my dad collected Topps cards primarily.

Posted March 27, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Permalink
Michael Joseph

aside from getting 5+ autos, these cards are mainly looking lik e they were made for young kids. They dont hold any value after the real stuff comes out later and I usually dont bother with them. O do buy a box or two for the autos every year though.

Posted March 28, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

One Trackback

1. By 2011 Sage Hit Football on April 13, 2011 at 12:15 am

[...] Box Busters: 2011 SAGE HIT football cards | YouTube Preview Image. Join Beckett Football's Andrew Tolentino and Dan Hitt as they rip into a box of 2011 SAGE Hit football cards in this latest edition of Box Busters. What will they find inside? Watch and find out … [...]