Box Busters: 2010 Topps Five Star Football

Join Beckett Football’s Dan Hitt and Andrew Tolentino as they rip into a box of 2010 Topps Five Star Football in this latest edition of Box Busters.
What will they find inside? Watch and find out …

Steve

That was horrible! If i paid $500 for that i would jump off a bridge. Not impressed at all and to have a tin to hold the cards? Thats the worst high end I have seen in awhile

Posted March 9, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Permalink
Larry

The five star cards that I have seen all have horrible centering. No thanks, maybe next year they can get the cards centered.

Posted March 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Permalink
Adam Shoemaker

I can’t believe that packs of cards with an SRP of $375 to $500 (including Panini NT) still have single color JSY pieces! Considering the price of a PACK of these, I am not at all impressed. Why are some of the supposed better cards #’d higher than the base cards? If I bought a pack and pulled ANYTHING #’d higher than /79 (base #), I’d be seriously upset. The booklet saved this PACK from being an absolute disaster. I wouldn’t buy these with someone else’s money, let alone my own money. Based on all the breaks I have seen of 5 Star and NT, I would not even think about spending my hard earned money on any Premium High-End cards this year.
Too much focus on RC’s in the industry today=lack of interest on my end!

Posted March 9, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Permalink

Wow, $500 for that! I was very underwhelmed. I wasn’t a fan of all the cards sitting on top of each other loosely in the box. For $500 I don’t want them chucked in a box where they are rubbing on each other.

Posted March 10, 2011 at 8:04 am | Permalink
Chris Wardner

AWFUL! If I had paid 5 bills for that box……….. Just one of the many reasons I don’t by Topps wax anymore. Horrible customer service being another!

Posted March 10, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink
Jestin Haugh

What are you guys talking about? This is one of the best high end products of all-time! There is a reason the price is up nearly $150 from the pre-sell amount. This stuff is kicking the butt of National Treasures. From what I have seen most 3 box cases yield you 1 box that makes you a good profit, a 2nd box that you make a little or break even and a 3rd box you lose some on. That is pretty good for a high end product. These cards will also hold their value and increase most likely due to the scarcity and quality. The Patches and on-card auto’s are amazing.

Posted March 10, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Permalink
larry

Well if this is the best product of the year I guess I will save lots of money this year. I haven’t seen one single card that had good centering or all 4 Sharp corners. What a waste for something that could have been awesome from Tops. Tops definitely needs to invest more in quality control of their high end products. STOP CUTTING CORNERS TOPS!!!!

Posted March 11, 2011 at 9:03 am | Permalink
andi nguyen

Horrible box of cards, no thank you I will stick with the Exquiste Brand

Posted March 11, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink
Jason Martindale

I agree, its not one i would buy!!

Posted April 21, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Permalink