Collect Call: Talking with a serious Michael Jordan collector

Join Beckett Media’s Tracy Hackler as he talks to Lou Costabile, a serious collector of rare Michael Jordan basketball cards in this edition of Collect Call.

Dennis

I happen to know Lou and have had the privilege of seeing the collection. It is evident that he enjoys collecting quality “Air” cards. It was a joy to listen to this interview and get more insight into what motivates him. I find it hard to believe that there would be no other Jordan collectors out there who wouldn’t love to have a solid reference book on quality investment level cards. I just might even buy a copy even though I am not a collector.

Posted July 29, 2010 at 11:35 am | Permalink
Ken

Really enjoyed listening in on that interview, Lou sounds like a cool guy. As a matter of course, I dabble in Jordan collection, and I think it’s cool how precise he is in his ‘pursuit of collection’.

Posted July 29, 2010 at 11:54 am | Permalink
Chuck

Does anyone know what Beckett Magazine the pictures of Lou and his collection seen in the video are from? I bought the July/August Basketball and all that they show are the 12 Jordans he selected for the article.

Posted July 30, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Permalink
chrisolds

It’s from our Michael Jordan tribute issue that came out about a year ago. It might be available at store.beckett.com

Posted July 30, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Permalink
Chuck

Thanks Chris!!

Posted July 30, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

I have a 28″ x 6′ standup cardboard promo poster of Michael Jordan that was part of a Cologne department display at Younkers department store some 13 years ago. I’m trying to find someone who can tell me what it might be worth. Anyone interested can contact me at the above e-mail address. Thanks for your help.

Posted April 9, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Permalink
Travis Metcalf

I have a Michael Jordan plaque it is #1 of 5000 it is a king of the courts plaque. Actually it is a card in a card case mounted on a plaque. I would like to know if u have seen any of these or what it may b worth?

Posted November 20, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Permalink
Vanessa

I have a 1997 autographed Michael Jordan transparent card with certificate of limitation and authenticity I am trying to sell.

Posted April 19, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink
Lenny

Hi, I have a 95/96 season Autographed Team Picture, that by all my research, this is the only one that is autographed by the whole Chicago Bulls Team. Email me for pictures if interested thanks.

Posted October 12, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Permalink