Posted on December 22, 2008 – 7:13 pm | Author: chrisolds
Uncategorized | | Comments (0)
Here are the results from a randomly selected box I recently opened …
2009 Press Pass NASCAR (retail blaster box)
Suggested Retail Price: $10
Packs per box: 6 plus one two-card bonus pack
Cards per pack: 6
Cards in this box: 38
Base set completion: 25 of 120 (21 percent)
Insert/short-print cards found: 13
– Press Pass Exclusive (two per bonus pack) — 2. No. DE-A Dale Earnhardt Jr., No. JJ-A Jimmie Johnson.
– Tradin’ Paint (1:12 packs) — 1. No. TP1 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
– Unleashed (1:6) — 1. U8 Kyle Busch.
– Freeze Frame (1:2) — 3. No. FF7 Geoff Bodine, No. FF19 Tony Stewart, No. FF35 Landon Cassill.
– Blue Parallels (1:1) — 6. No. 14 David Ragan, No. 42 Dale Earnhardt Jr., No. 47 David Ragan, No. 74 Dale Earnhardt Jr., No. 98 Joey Logano, No. 107 Kyle Busch.
Notes: This box delivered what it should have for a blaster — anyone expecting an autograph (1:144) or memorabilia card (1:112) should look elsewhere (a hobby box). … However, this box was loaded with talent — several Earnhardt and Logano (NASCAR’s big rookie in 2009) cards. … Look for a hobby box on Box Busters right here any minute now.
Box Grade: *1/2 out of *****
Chris Olds has collected sports cards and memorabilia since 1987. Before coming to Beckett Media, he wrote about the hobby for the Orlando Sentinel on his blog, SportsStuff, and for the San Antonio Express-News and The Tuscaloosa (Ala.) News. Do you have a comment, question or idea? Send e-mail to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *