`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

"Not at this time" means I'm not going to discuss any specifics on that project.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Why has Beckett not acknowledged the counterfeited version of 2001Fleer Legacy Albert Pujols autographs? The past two issues I have seenhave both pictured a counterfeit version as a "hot card".

Codasco07 Wrote:Why has Beckett not acknowledged the counterfeited version of 2001Fleer Legacy Albert Pujols autographs? The past two issues I have seenhave both pictured a counterfeit version as a "hot card".

It's been written about. The person who pulled images for the hot list probably pulled a bad one on accident.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris
If you look at the 1999 Bowman autograph set there are blue, silver and gold versions of the set. However, only the blue version is listed in the OPG. The 1998 Bowman Autograph set is similar to the 1999 set with blue, silver and gold parallels and they are all listed in the OPG. I am trying to add some cards from the 1999 Bowman Autograph silver set and I noticed this ommision.
[Image: halladay4.png]
Collec
ting:
Baseball
Roy Halladay, HOF GU (Showing Induction Team Uni Only)
2005 Topps
Retired Sig Base, Gold, Black Sets
Basketball
Steve Nash

i have some questions:

1.) i just received my cards back that i had graded, i was told 2 cards could not be graded last time i had a card that could not be graded they sent me a valcher since my charge card was charge. i did not receive a valcher this time could some one tell me if i was charged the grading fees for those 2 cards.

2.) last time i sent pack pulled autos in they were sent back with a letter stating that they could not prove that they were certifed autos. however some of the cards had a hologram, some had a transparent sticker and others had a gold sticker on them. what standers do they use to determin that what is a certified auto

i have some questions:

1.) i just received my cards back that i had graded, i was told 2 cards could not be graded last time i had a card that could not be graded they sent me a valcher since my charge card was charge. i did not receive a valcher this time could some one tell me if i was charged the grading fees for those 2 cards.

2.) last time i sent pack pulled autos in they were sent back with a letter stating that they could not prove that they were certifed autos. however some of the cards had a hologram, some had a transparent sticker and others had a gold sticker on them. what standers do they use to determin that what is a certified auto

when will all the bug's be worked out of the web site so i can add my graded cards to my org account. i have 21 cards that have been graded but i can not add them. i have 6 that have the wrong lables.

docisin Wrote:Chris
If you look at the 1999 Bowman autograph set there are blue, silver and gold versions of the set. However, only the blue version is listed in the OPG. The 1998 Bowman Autograph set is similar to the 1999 set with blue, silver and gold parallels and they are all listed in the OPG. I am trying to add some cards from the 1999 Bowman Autograph silver set and I noticed this ommision.

In the magazine, the colors are noted in the headers for the set. The same information is on the site under 1999 Bowman Autographs. Check that out and see if it doesn't have what you need...
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

hofcollector1975 Wrote:when will all the bug's be worked out of the web site so i can add my graded cards to my org account. i have 21 cards that have been graded but i can not add them. i have 6 that have the wrong lables.

You can find the customer service contact for website/grading issues earlier in the thread.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

malouf1850 Wrote:i have some questions:

Your first question should be answered via customer service -- a contact is earlier in this thread.

Your second question ... BGS will only grade certified autograph cards from card companies as long as they are consistent with how those certified autographs were issued. If they are missing authentication stickers or are otherwise different than a certified autograph from the same set, they would have to add on the JSA authentication. (BGS does not authenticate autographs directly -- JSA does it as part of a service add-on. Certified autograph cards from Topps, Upper Deck, etc., have their own built-in authentication statement.) There are situations from the past where a second company had cards signed after release (Score Board for Shop at Home for example) but I believe those would have to be JSA'd as well.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news