`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

is there a set of autographed baseball cards signed by female teames of the 40's and 50's

malouf1850 Wrote:
Sorry for venting about all of my issues but i have sent these questions to Beckett from my work email 4 times and no one has ever responed to me.

I passed this info along to two people who can handle your questions for grading/tech.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

malouf1850 Wrote:I would like to know if Beckett would grade DC Comic Cards and Marval Cards? I have autographed inserts of Capt. America, Night Crawler & Silver Surfer along with gold inserts of Spiderman, Halk, Ironman & Wolverine. Then I have Hologram cards of Green Lantern, Clark Kent, Dooms Day and Superman.

I'm 99 percent sure that BGS grades nearly all non-sports cards. (No adult cards.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

malouf1850 Wrote:is there a set of autographed baseball cards signed by female teames of the 40's and 50's

Long-time dealer Larry Fritsch helped create several sets featuring players from the AAGPBL (All-American Girls Professional Baseball League) as seen in A League of Their Own.

You can see the sets here:

http://www.fritschcards.com/pages/aagpbl.html />

As for signed cards, there have been countless signings through the years since the movie and since the cards were released. However, I don't think there was a signed set that was released. (I could be wrong, but that's the answer off the top of my head.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Hi call me crazy but does beckett grade for instance 1992 micro topps cards??
[Image: NYBannerFinalcopy.jpg]

tshormis5 Wrote:Hi call me crazy but does beckett grade for instance 1992 micro topps cards??

Yep.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

chrisolds Wrote:
bryandwilliams79 Wrote:Hi, I have the 1991 Fleer Baseball Card Set. On the top of the box it says, "Baseball Fleer '91 Logo Stickers & Trading Cards" There are 732 Cards and 50 stickers. I can't find it when I try to search for it, is there any way you could help me find out how much it is worth and if it would be more valuable as a complete set, or by the individual cards that came in the box?
$0$0Just search for 1991 Fleer and filter for baseball. It's not very valuable at all... $0
$0$0I have one too. Why is not valuable anymore?$0
I need HOCKEY: 2005-06/2006-07 SP Authentic Future Watch RC's; FOOTBALL: 2007+20
08 LCM Certified RC's
[Image: FuriousD82.png]

Any chance soon that the minor league team sets from 2007 to present will be added to the OPG
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

FuriousD82 Wrote:
chrisolds Wrote:
bryandwilliams79 Wrote:Hi, I have the 1991 Fleer Baseball Card Set. On the top of the box it says, "Baseball Fleer '91 Logo Stickers & Trading Cards" There are 732 Cards and 50 stickers. I can't find it when I try to search for it, is there any way you could help me find out how much it is worth and if it would be more valuable as a complete set, or by the individual cards that came in the box?
$0$0Just search for 1991 Fleer and filter for baseball. It's not very valuable at all... $0
$0$0I have one too. Why is not valuable anymore?$0

It's just not a good set, it's got a design people downright loathe, and Fleer printed a lot of those cards (just like everyone else did).

1991 wasn't one of the best years on cardboard -- and the Fleer set is lacking a Chipper Jones card, which is one of the few highlights elsewhere.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

SHELBYSALEEN Wrote:Any chance soon that the minor league team sets from 2007 to present will be added to the OPG

Doubtful.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news