`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

Below are two cards of Nelson Cruz who was a pitcher in the Tigers farm system and he retired in 05. The other is of Texas Rangers slugger/OF Nelson Cruz. The Signatures look alot a like. My question is are these the real OF Nelson Cruz's signatures? All of Nelson Cruz the OF's signature or certified autos look very similar to the one pictured. This is the only copy or auto I have seen for Nelson Cruz the P.Well let me know what you think?

[Image: nelsoncruzof.jpg]
[Image: nelsoncruztigerP.jpg]

Hello, Chris. I just have to say that I love your allen and ginter card and would love to get one. I think that is awesome!! On to my questions.
1. I was wondering if you knew if the Evan Longoria 2008 masterpieces card would ever become a UER? It has Derek Jeter pictured, but Ken Griffey jr says... on it.
2. I was also wondering if this card and it's chrome counterpart would be an UER as well? Last name spelled differently on front and back.
[Image: trevorf.jpg][Image: trevorb.jpg]
3. I also have this 2009 upper deck inkcredible auto card of Adam Laroche. However, it is Andy pictured. I was wondering if this would be an UER, as well.
[Image: larochebroserror.jpg]

any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

Are the rookie letterman pacthes intended to always spell out the name of a player or city or team name.

Josh

Any chance soon that the minor league team sets from 2007 to present will be added to the OPG
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

how do you add 2009 cards to organize. i have alot of 09 cards from diffrent sets.

jbmm161 Wrote:Below are two cards of Nelson Cruz who was a pitcher in the Tigers farm system and he retired in 05. The other is of Texas Rangers slugger/OF Nelson Cruz. The Signatures look alot a like. My question is are these the real OF Nelson Cruz's signatures? All of Nelson Cruz the OF's signature or certified autos look very similar to the one pictured. This is the only copy or auto I have seen for Nelson Cruz the P.Well let me know what you think?

[Image: nelsoncruzof.jpg]
[Image: nelsoncruztigerP.jpg]

I'm not familiar with his signature (and didn't look), but it's definitely the same sig.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Would you be able to help me come to the understanding of what " SP " means when it comes to looking the card up and how you can tell it's a SP. Example...2006 topps cracker jack, a card will be worth maybe a dollar, but when looking it up, it has beside it a " SP " and then it was worth four times as much. Can anyone help me out with understanding this? Thanks alot.

chrisolds Wrote:<i>Here's another sticky! Just for you guys...</i>

<b>Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...</b>
(I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum. I also don't handle tech/site issues. Other than that, I'll see what I can do... )

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

Just wondering if you were going to be able to answer my question from 11/3:

I had asked about what issue had the 2008 UD Premier Baseball product preview in it.
Thanks
Frank

CardExcalibur Wrote:Would you be able to help me come to the understanding of what " SP " means when it comes to looking the card up and how you can tell it's a SP. Example...2006 topps cracker jack, a card will be worth maybe a dollar, but when looking it up, it has beside it a " SP " and then it was worth four times as much. Can anyone help me out with understanding this? Thanks alot.

SP stands for short print in your case with cracker jack the SP more than like stands for a short printed variation like a difference in the picture.

brents530 Wrote:
CardExcalibur Wrote:Would you be able to help me come to the understanding of what " SP " means when it comes to looking the card up and how you can tell it's a SP. Example...2006 topps cracker jack, a card will be worth maybe a dollar, but when looking it up, it has beside it a " SP " and then it was worth four times as much. Can anyone help me out with understanding this? Thanks alot.

SP stands for short print in your case with cracker jack the SP more than like stands for a short printed variation like a difference in the picture.

Actually, an SP would be any card from the standard set that is printed in smaller quantities than others. It doesn't need to be a variation to be an SP.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)