Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

Chris,

What is the email address for the "analyst" when we find cards that should be in the database but are not? i.e. 2009 Allen & Ginter EXT mini had a set of printing plates but are not listed in database.

Thank you!
[Image: hamiltonfanbanner.jpg]

Always buying Josh Hamilton Items - especially printing plates - low
numbered items - Finders fees given for Hamilton 1/1's and rare items found that are not on ebay.

In your magazine, why are some of the serial numbered cards blurred-out?

HamiltonFan Wrote:Chris,

What is the email address for the "analyst" when we find cards that should be in the database but are not? i.e. 2009 Allen & Ginter EXT mini had a set of printing plates but are not listed in database.

Thank you!

I forwarded your message.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Why are my submitted card scans, not being used as the stock photos.

They are obviously the right card. My collection would look much cooler if the card pictures would appaer, and not the shadow outline of a player.

http://s824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/chrispycards/

any one can tell me how much the card in my av is worth???? its a 09 dual jersey auto of griffey and jeter its number 2/15 thank you so much if anyone can help me out

defencers Wrote:any one can tell me how much the card in my av is worth???? its a 09 dual jersey auto of griffey and jeter its number 2/15 thank you so much if anyone can help me out

The only way you're going to get any kind of real value on this is if you can locate completed auctions on ebay.  Beckett does not give BV on cards that have a production run of <25, though they did give a football card a 3,000% jump in BV based on one sale alone.  If you want, and I've seen this done before as long as you don't mind paying the listing fees is list the card on ebay with an outrageous starting bid or BIN price that you know nobody would pay and just field offers and see what people are willing to pay.  I don't like that idea but it's really not too bad to see what you could get for the card. 

In any event, even if there was a BV, according to the TOS we are not able to give out values on the board.  It's actually unfair to the people who do pay for the OPG (like myself) as you would be getting information for free that we have to pay for. 

Beckett does track and document past sales for auctions on cards numbered to fewer than 25 copies. However, we do not publish prices for those cards because there can often be a dramatic difference from one sale to another and there's often a very low number of sales.

EBay only allows access to past auctions from the past 30 days or so. We, however, have prices going back several years.

(I don't work in pricing, otherwise I could provide more info.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

chrisolds Wrote:Beckett does track and document past sales for auctions on cards numbered to fewer than 25 copies. However, we do not publish prices for those cards because there can often be a dramatic difference from one sale to another and there's often a very low number of sales.

EBay only allows access to past auctions from the past 30 days or so. We, however, have prices going back several years.

(I don't work in pricing, otherwise I could provide more info.)

That's great and all that Beckett apparently tracks these sales but it does no good for the person above looking to get some sort of a value on his card when all he can see is a "N/A" given by Beckett.

chrisolds Wrote:Beckett does track and document past sales for auctions on cards numbered to fewer than 25 copies. However, we do not publish prices for those cards because there can often be a dramatic difference from one sale to another and there's often a very low number of sales.

Where do we go abou getting this info?

Chris,
The Rangers had a ton of Rookies contribute to the team this season but it doesn't seem like they are being included in sets like they should.
(Glad to see the Elvis Andrus and Derek Holland autos/RCs in most sets)

Will there be any Tommy Hunter (Texas Rangers Rookie Starting Pitcher)RCs released this year in Topps or Upper Deck products? What about Neftali Feliz RC Autos? Seen him included in a few sets this year but no Autos?
Thanks

Jeremy Brannon