`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

cardinalscards42 Wrote:Hey Chris i know this should be for the price quide analyst so maybe you could forward it to him.
2008 Topps Chrome 50th Anniverrsary All-Star Rookie Albert Pujols blue refractor /200 books more than
2008 Topps Chrome 50th Anniverrsary All-Star Rookie Albert Pujols copper ref. /100 .
i understand ther is more of the other one out so you can find pricing for it easier but the copper should book higher or at least the same.

"Should" book higher because there are fewer of them makes sense if it were just quantities that dictated values. In this case, the appeal/popularity of the Blue Refractors is likely higher, resulting in slightly more demand price-wise. (I know I like them a lot more.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

chrisolds Wrote:
The Cardboard Fan Wrote:Why are certain sets such as 09 Razor product not cataloged?

Did you just search for "Razor"? There are no 2009 Razor baseball sets cataloged because there are none. Their sets are 2008s.

As you can see it is 09... only card I can't add to my collection... quite upsetting really and if it is unlicensed or not they were packaged in Beckett slabs so?
[Image: 2009RazorCutSignatureSportsIconsEdi.jpg]

My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Ah... *that* set.

(See previous answer about Signacuts and cut sets above.)
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

chrisolds Wrote:Ah... *that* set.

(See previous answer about Signacuts and cut sets above.)

Yeah I saw that, but unlicensed or not they are in Beckett slabs out of the packaging so? Just doesn't seem right but enough of my rant

Either way thanks Chris
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

chrisolds Wrote:<i>Here's another sticky! Just for you guys...</i>

<b>Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...</b>
(I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum. I also don't handle tech/site issues. Other than that, I'll see what I can do... )

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

Hi, I have the 1991 Fleer Baseball Card Set. On the top of the box it says, "Baseball Fleer '91 Logo Stickers & Trading Cards" There are 732 Cards and 50 stickers. I can't find it when I try to search for it, is there any way you could help me find out how much it is worth and if it would be more valuable as a complete set, or by the individual cards that came in the box?

chrisolds Wrote:<i>Here's another sticky! Just for you guys...</i>

<b>Have a question about something? Post it here and I'll see if I can answer it. Who knows, it could end up in a future issue...</b>
(I don't handle pricing ... that would be the "ask the senior price guide analyst" sticky thread to perhaps arrive over in the Beckett Baseball Pricing Forum. I also don't handle tech/site issues. Other than that, I'll see what I can do... )

This is one of a few new things we're going to try online in terms of reader interaction projects. We're also soon going to try some multimedia projects as well.

I've been wondering about the 2007 Upper Deck Post Season Predictor Green and Blue sets. There might even be a purple. Haven't seen much about them anywhere. Would appreciate any info!

Thanks,
Erica
I collect:
Baseball: Nationals, Orioles, Michael Young, Omar Vizquel, Ryne Sand
berg Post - 2005, Bob Feller
Hockey: Caps, Kings; Borje Salming, Patrick Sharp

Football: Flacco, Quinn, Collie

bryandwilliams79 Wrote:Hi, I have the 1991 Fleer Baseball Card Set. On the top of the box it says, "Baseball Fleer '91 Logo Stickers & Trading Cards" There are 732 Cards and 50 stickers. I can't find it when I try to search for it, is there any way you could help me find out how much it is worth and if it would be more valuable as a complete set, or by the individual cards that came in the box?

Just search for 1991 Fleer and filter for baseball. It's not very valuable at all...
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

I have a quesiton about 2009 Bowman Chrome Prospect refractors.

I have a BCP refractor non auto that is serial # to 500. I also have a BCP refractor that is an auto that is also serial # to 500. So did Bowman make 500 non auto refractors and 500 auto refractors for each player that has an auto card or are there 500 total with some being auto and some not?

I hope that makes sense.

Here's a question alot of player collectors have.

why are Topps Tek listed as one card per player when there are many patterns per card number? same with the diffractors and golds. would be nice to have all the versions recognized especially from a trade standpoint because you cannot clearly mark what you need in your organize tools.