`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Has anybody seen a 2013 Gypsy Queen Yonder Alonzo autograph yet ?? Not 1 has been listed on Ebay..

I have what I believe is a complete collection of Bryce Harper rookie cards. I recently subscribed to Organize and posted my collection, and I used the player search feature to obtain a list of all Bryce Harper cards. I have all of the cards that have a RC tab under the title and I just want to make sure I am not forgetting any other cards marked rookie. The reason I say this is some cards like the alternate Topps 661 cards have the Rc logo on the card but are not showing as rookie cards on the search, thanks Chris you do a great job for collectors out here!!!

(04-11-2013, 07:15 AM)newpunkyface Wrote: I have what I believe is a complete collection of Bryce Harper rookie cards. I recently subscribed to Organize and posted my collection, and I used the player search feature to obtain a list of all Bryce Harper cards. I have all of the cards that have a RC tab under the title and I just want to make sure I am not forgetting any other cards marked rookie. The reason I say this is some cards like the alternate Topps 661 cards have the Rc logo on the card but are not showing as rookie cards on the search, thanks Chris you do a great job for collectors out here!!!
I'll defer to Chris Olds, but here's my answer. There are 19 "official" Bryce Harper rookie cards, which are designated in the database with the "RC." Here they are: http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=bryc...attr=24464

Keep in mind, there may be many more 2012 cards out there with the RC logo. However, unless they're shown in Beckett with the "RC" logo, they're not the official RCs, but rather "(RC)s." I don't have the time or knowledge to explain the distinction, but as far as I can gather, there can only be one true "RC" per set (with the exception being there are two Update RCs. -Not sure why.)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(04-11-2013, 08:36 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I'll defer to Chris Olds, but here's my answer. There are 19 "official" Bryce Harper rookie cards, which are designated in the database with the "RC." Here they are: http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=bryc...attr=24464

Keep in mind, there may be many more 2012 cards out there with the RC logo. However, unless they're shown in Beckett with the "RC" logo, they're not the official RCs, but rather "(RC)s." I don't have the time or knowledge to explain the distinction, but as far as I can gather, there can only be one true "RC" per set (with the exception being there are two Update RCs. -Not sure why.)
Thanks for the reply I understand the designation concept, I am happy I have all of the cards on the list. Thanks again!

Hi Chris..I am not sure if you remember my question about the 2012 Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Blue Refractors a few weeks ago. My question was whether they were serial numbered out of 250 or 99....I just got my Bryce Harper redemption in the mail today. They are numbered out of 99. Here is the pic...front and back. Thanks Chad
[Image: april15030_zps8f111f8b.jpg]
[Image: april15031_zps630b1a38.jpg]

If you type "Bryce Harper RC" all cards that fall under our criteria for a Rookie Card (getting the tag) will be found. The RC logo includes much more than those cards.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

just received a 2013 topps auto of David Justice for a replacement from topps redemp. it said that these cards can not be obtained through shops or hobby boxes. u think Beckett will have a price for this guy. thanks
[Image: Scan0064_zpsad85ecc9.jpg]

Hi Chris,

With older sets in the database, does Beckett have any sort of notes or source material to indicate where the initial information came from? Specifically in the older baseball sets, is there any evidence to support the 1991 MVP Pins set is a separate entity from the 1991 Major League Collector Pins set (from the Ace Novelty Company)? None of the big time, deep-pocketed player collectors (y'know, like the Juan Gonzalez, Jose Canseco, Rickey Henderson and Will Clark collectors who aren't shy about dropping $100+ for odd printing variations of early 1990s cards) have a standalone pin from 1991, they only have the pin that comes with a 1991 Score card. As far as I can tell, only the 1992 edition was issued as pin, without a baseball card.

I have a similar question about a couple of the "error" cards in the 1990 Classic Blue set. The Ricky Jordan (supposedly with his name spelled "Jordon" on the back) and Hensley Meulens (supposedly spelled "Muelens") errors don't seem to exist, and look to have been carried over from the 1989 set where those two errors did exist. I've opened multiple copies of both the "corrected" set (with the Deion PRIME TIME Sanders card on front) and the "error" set (with just PRIME TIME on the front), but neither has an error version of Ricky Jordan or Hensley Meulens. That being the case, where does the justification for listing those two errors originate?

Thanks!

How do i mark my cards for sale?

(05-14-2013, 11:41 AM)daclyde1 Wrote: Hi Chris,

With older sets in the database, does Beckett have any sort of notes or source material to indicate where the initial information came from? Specifically in the older baseball sets, is there any evidence to support the 1991 MVP Pins set is a separate entity from the 1991 Major League Collector Pins set (from the Ace Novelty Company)? None of the big time, deep-pocketed player collectors (y'know, like the Juan Gonzalez, Jose Canseco, Rickey Henderson and Will Clark collectors who aren't shy about dropping $100+ for odd printing variations of early 1990s cards) have a standalone pin from 1991, they only have the pin that comes with a 1991 Score card. As far as I can tell, only the 1992 edition was issued as pin, without a baseball card.

I have a similar question about a couple of the "error" cards in the 1990 Classic Blue set. The Ricky Jordan (supposedly with his name spelled "Jordon" on the back) and Hensley Meulens (supposedly spelled "Muelens") errors don't seem to exist, and look to have been carried over from the 1989 set where those two errors did exist. I've opened multiple copies of both the "corrected" set (with the Deion PRIME TIME Sanders card on front) and the "error" set (with just PRIME TIME on the front), but neither has an error version of Ricky Jordan or Hensley Meulens. That being the case, where does the justification for listing those two errors originate?

Thanks!

The older set blurb details were done at that time -- when they were fresh. Those who were here -- along with their materials referenced for those items -- are long gone. It's quite possible that the Classic notations are incorrect -- yet, again, that info and those who did that work aren't here.
(04-30-2013, 01:20 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: just received a 2013 topps auto of David Justice for a replacement from topps redemp. it said that these cards can not be obtained through shops or hobby boxes. u think Beckett will have a price for this guy. thanks
[Image: Scan0064_zpsad85ecc9.jpg]
If Topps can provide a checklist of the cards that were created, we will catalog them. Once a certain volume of sales are seen, they will be priced.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)