`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Hello! I've been keeping a look out for the 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Wave Refractors #111-220 that were part of the 2012 Bowman Chrome Wrapper Redemption. The Blue Waves were added back in January. Just wondering if this set may have been overlooked? Thank You!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

1. Why are the 1996 Skybox Circa, 1997 Circa, 1998 Circa Thunder cards are not listed in the baseball price guides? There are some great insert cards in those Circa sets.
2. What is the logic of the 1999 Finest Aaron Award Contenders refractor cards being 1.2x of the regular card when a regular Finest refractor is 8x the regular card?

Thanks

(02-26-2013, 12:28 PM)olecoach Wrote: 1. Why are the 1996 Skybox Circa, 1997 Circa, 1998 Circa Thunder cards are not listed in the baseball price guides? There are some great insert cards in those Circa sets.

Thanks
1996 Skybox Circa
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1996++Circa
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1996/circa/
1997 Circa
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1997...m=extended
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1997/circa/
1998 Circa Thunder
http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=1998...m=extended
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1998/circa-thunder/

(02-26-2013, 12:28 PM)olecoach Wrote: 2. What is the logic of the 1999 Finest Aaron Award Contenders refractor cards being 1.2x of the regular card when a regular Finest refractor is 8x the regular card?
ratio. there are a lot more finest base cards compared to refractors than of the finest insert series compared to the refractor parallel

(01-18-2013, 10:09 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Hi Chris,

Do you think that card companies will ever do away with retail packs? I have wondered this for a long time. I am sure that they make a ton money on them because the odds of pulling something are slim and the price point is similar to hobby packs in most cases. I propose that retail stores buy in on hobby packs and maybe they can package each pack in those cardboard blisters with the plastic around the packs. In my case the closest hobby shop is an hour away so it makes it tough for me to get to the shop when I get that itch. And it is very discouraging when you spend $100 at Walmart on blasters and you don't get anything decent to show for it. I know pack searchers are always going to be a factor but their are ways to beat them. I think it would be a more sound investment for retail store to start carrying hobby. Walmart and Target do get hobby boxes once and a while and they usually fly off the shelf. I would love to be able to go to Walmart and buy some packs will the same odds of pulling a decent card.

I would love to know what you think.

Thanks

Chad Clark

Retail is very successful for some companies. I don't see it going away any time soon.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris i sent you an email
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

Hey Chris,

I have a 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Blue Refractor Autograph redemption. The card has not come in yet. But when I check Beckett for pricing it says that the print run is 250 but when I check other players rookie autograph blue refractor on ebay they are live and numbered out of 99 not 250. My question is...Is that a typo on the online price guide and will it effect the pricing of the card if it's numbered out of 99 instead of 250?

Thanks,

Chad

(03-28-2013, 09:13 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Hey Chris,

I have a 2012 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper Blue Refractor Autograph redemption. The card has not come in yet. But when I check Beckett for pricing it says that the print run is 250 but when I check other players rookie autograph blue refractor on ebay they are live and numbered out of 99 not 250. My question is...Is that a typo on the online price guide and will it effect the pricing of the card if it's numbered out of 99 instead of 250?

Thanks,

Chad
We'll find out when the Harper cards arrive on the quantity. The pricing range is based on the actual sales of the redemption card so it doesn't really matter either way. If it turns out to be lower, then it might be a bargain relatively speaking, but only way we'll know for sure if there's an uptick in sales once the cards are available.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Hi Chris,

Just a heads up, if you don't know by now, but whoever entered the 2013 Gypsy Queen checklist in the OPG, made a typo .... or .... doesn't have spell check Smile
In the OPG, the Glove Stories subset is misspelled as Golve Stories!

Thought you'd like to know,
Dr. Mitch J.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-05-2013, 06:42 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hi Chris,

Just a heads up, if you don't know by now, but whoever entered the 2013 Gypsy Queen checklist in the OPG, made a typo .... or .... doesn't have spell check Smile
In the OPG, the Glove Stories subset is misspelled as Golve Stories!

Thought you'd like to know,
Dr. Mitch J.
Send an email to bfleischer@beckett.com -- which would be the same regarding any checklist updates or additions.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

(04-06-2013, 12:14 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Send an email to bfleischer@beckett.com -- which would be the same regarding any checklist updates or additions.
Sorry, didn't know ... But i noticed that it was corrected last night!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.