`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Have you ever heard of a 1994 Upper Deck Next Generation Alex Rodriguez error card? I own a card that has Mike Piazza's hologram instead of Alex's. Do you know how I can find out any information about this card

[Image: My_Card.jpg]

(08-30-2012, 08:56 PM)jvandy13 Wrote: Have you ever heard of a 1994 Upper Deck Next Generation Alex Rodriguez error card? I own a card that has Mike Piazza's hologram instead of Alex's. Do you know how I can find out any information about this card

that's one cool error. i wouldn't be surprised if it's the only one.

(08-31-2012, 11:47 AM)awave777 Wrote: that's one cool error. i wouldn't be surprised if it's the only one.
Thanks. Any ideas about how to find a value?

(08-31-2012, 05:01 PM)jvandy13 Wrote: Thanks. Any ideas about how to find a value?
I'm not sure that there is any tangible value for an error like that. It's probably just worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, and I'd imagine it to be a decent amount being an Arod insert from his rookie year with the hologram switched for that of a very early Mike Piazza...

Hey Chris,
Trying to track down an insert set. 1992 or 93 Donruss Gallery of Stars. It mimick the Diamond Kings with artwork from Perez. I have attached a scan of one of the cards. I have looked in OPG, the Almanic and Alphabit Checklist Almanac.. Thanks

(07-25-2012, 12:14 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: I have a 2010 topps triple threads Justin Upton #44 that says white whale on the back but its not in the beckett, it looks just like a plate but clearly says white whale on the back. Any idea if its just missing from the beckett or what the deal is? Thanks man!
Hey just wondering if you had any idea about this card, never got a response so just curious
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Recently when opening a few boxes of 2012 Topps baseball series 2 I came upon an oddity. I already had card #391 on which Rod Barajas is pictured, but got two #395 cards...one of which was Jonathan Lucroy, and the other...Rod Barajas. No #395 variation is listed in the guide so I'm kinda wondering what Barajas is doing on the 395 card.

(08-30-2012, 08:56 PM)jvandy13 Wrote: Have you ever heard of a 1994 Upper Deck Next Generation Alex Rodriguez error card? I own a card that has Mike Piazza's hologram instead of Alex's. Do you know how I can find out any information about this card

while not common, errors with wrong-foil or wrong-holos aren't unheard of. It won't be cataloged because it's one of a few potential error combos.
(09-10-2012, 05:42 PM)chrisolds Wrote:
[quote='FarmerBob' pid='2114404' dateline='1347035551']
Recently when opening a few boxes of 2012 Topps baseball series 2 I came upon an oddity. I already had card #391 on which Rod Barajas is pictured, but got two #395 cards...one of which was Jonathan Lucroy, and the other...Rod Barajas. No #395 variation is listed in the guide so I'm kinda wondering what Barajas is doing on the 395 card.
Check the checklist on site. There are a couple versions of one card. Error that was fixed.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Hi Chris-
Really enjoyed this month's mag, including your article about Reggie (nice pics, by the way). I also liked the feature story about the ticket stub collector. Keep up the good work. Patrick.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Hi Chris,

I was trying to add these three Griffeys to my organize and realized they didn't have them listed. The first two are 1992 Front Row Club House Series Ken Griffey Jr. #1 & #2 promos. Beckett has a listing with photos of the non promo versions of this card, and it states there was a 25,000 print run on the 10 card sets. But nothing for the promos. Does Beckett not list promos?

The third is actually a playing card. a 1992 Major League Baseball Aces Jack of Diamonds, made by the U.S. Playing Card Company. Is there any listings for these type of cards on beckett?

I will try to attach photos of them here

[Image: e451c7bb.jpg]

[Image: d7008a83.jpg]

[Image: 70c4b0c6.jpg]

[Image: e3fe279e.jpg]

Thanks
-trayelfstrom