Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
Hi Chris,

I'm an old time collector from the middle/late 80's. Back in about 85-89 (I think), there was an article in Beckett Baseball Monthly titled "Winter Collecting Blues". Do you or can you find out which issue that was in?

Thanks in advance.

(04-07-2012, 05:26 PM)rad_1205 Wrote: What are the possibilities of having a selling tab added. Its pretty rediculas if you look at the baseball trading board over half the post day in and day out are nothing but individuals posting things for sale. Ive been on this site for over a year now and i know the topic has come up before. The site really need this. I feel this is taking from the individuals that only want to trade.

Thanks Richard
That would be a question for one of the other board-tech-FAQ threads.

Last I heard, there are collector-to-collector sales features coming at some point

(04-11-2012, 12:40 AM)midschool22 Wrote: Hi Chris,

I'm an old time collector from the middle/late 80's. Back in about 85-89 (I think), there was an article in Beckett Baseball Monthly titled "Winter Collecting Blues". Do you or can you find out which issue that was in?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, our back issues are not digitized so I can't find it for you.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

I'm curious to know what happens to the cards made specifically for the Topps giveaways that are never claimed. Assuming the redemption is past due, would they move into the Topps Vault domain? I ask because the 2011 Topps Authentic Diamond Kyle Drabek has not been redeemed as far as I know, and am wondering if I may ever get the chance to own it.
[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

(04-18-2012, 10:49 AM)portfan Wrote: I'm curious to know what happens to the cards made specifically for the Topps giveaways that are never claimed. Assuming the redemption is past due, would they move into the Topps Vault domain? I ask because the 2011 Topps Authentic Diamond Kyle Drabek has not been redeemed as far as I know, and am wondering if I may ever get the chance to own it.
back stock/unredeemed cards are often used by card companies to replace other cards that were damaged in packaging and are sent in for replacement by collectors.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Any idea on when Beckett will add the 2012 Topps Golden Giveaway Die Cut cards to the OPG? I just got my Mariano Rivera one today and am waiting on a Robinson Cano one too.

(04-27-2012, 03:29 PM)fulltritty Wrote: Any idea on when Beckett will add the 2012 Topps Golden Giveaway Die Cut cards to the OPG? I just got my Mariano Rivera one today and am waiting on a Robinson Cano one too.
send that in an email to bfleischer@beckett.com
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

(04-27-2012, 06:49 PM)chrisolds Wrote: send that in an email to bfleischer@beckett.com
OK, I'll try again. He never responded to an e-mail I sent him almost 2 months ago about a Cano card not in the OPG.

is this a good product to buy???
2012 TRISTAR AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL NY BRONX EDITION
[Image: 669038KGrHqRiQE87vsHVVzBPcf0QVIBw603.jpg]

(04-28-2012, 09:23 AM)lefou66 Wrote: is this a good product to buy???
2012 TRISTAR AUTOGRAPHED BASEBALL NY BRONX EDITION
[Image: 669038KGrHqRiQE87vsHVVzBPcf0QVIBw603.jpg]
My wife bought me one for Fathers Day last year as I am a Yankees fan. It was my first autographed baseball. I got the Rudy May ball. I thoroughly enjoy it. The only reason I no longer buy anymore of the product is that I have obtained more Yankees autographed balls and don't want to buy this box and end up with a ball from the same player.

(04-28-2012, 03:05 PM)fulltritty Wrote: My wife bought me one for Fathers Day last year as I am a Yankees fan. It was my first autographed baseball. I got the Rudy May ball. I thoroughly enjoy it. The only reason I no longer buy anymore of the product is that I have obtained more Yankees autographed balls and don't want to buy this box and end up with a ball from the same player.
If you're a Yankees fan, you might enjoy it. There will be lesser names and there will be big names -- just like in packs of cards. In this case, though, there is only one ball per pack.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news