`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
I picked up a couple 2011 Triple Threads White Whale Jay Bruce cards. The Beckett database (and past history) tells me that these are "one of ones" with no other variations in color (like printing plates)....only one white whale per card number. The two that I have are alike in every way except color on the front. The backs are identical.....same card #, etc. Is this a Topps printing error, or are there different variations similar to the printing plates? I called Topps, but they couldn't (or didn't want to) find an answer. They actually told me to ask Beckett! LOL

[Image: aaffbfaf.jpg]
[Image: 2f17f4c7.jpg]
Always trading for Barry Larkin. Also looking for Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins. 

Will consider trading for other current/past Cincinnati Reds and Bengals.

[Image: Uw7lfAR.jpg]

(02-06-2012, 11:10 AM)elberson Wrote: hey, just picked up 2008 Donruss Threads Diamond Kings Signatures #26 Hank Aaron/100 but card wasn't listed in beckett. link below is front and back of card. can you pm me the person who is in change of adding cards to data base, thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160726149489?ssP...1497.l2649
For baseball, send a scan (front and back) to bfleischer@beckett.com
(02-10-2012, 02:00 PM)7whodey Wrote: I picked up a couple 2011 Triple Threads White Whale Jay Bruce cards. The Beckett database (and past history) tells me that these are "one of ones" with no other variations in color (like printing plates)....only one white whale per card number. The two that I have are alike in every way except color on the front. The backs are identical.....same card #, etc. Is this a Topps printing error, or are there different variations similar to the printing plates? I called Topps, but they couldn't (or didn't want to) find an answer. They actually told me to ask Beckett! LOL
Looks like a magenta plate and a black plate to me.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Chris,
You didn't respond to my question. Since we have a sticky thread for player collectors, can we please have one for set builders?
Thanks!
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(02-10-2012, 02:00 PM)7whodey Wrote: They actually told me to ask Beckett!
Always ask the experts.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(02-13-2012, 05:30 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: Chris,
You didn't respond to my question. Since we have a sticky thread for player collectors, can we please have one for set builders?
Thanks!
Start it and see if it gets some responses ... if it looks promising, I will -- after you send me the link.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(02-13-2012, 02:45 PM)chrisolds Wrote: For baseball, send a scan (front and back) to bfleischer@beckett.com

Looks like a magenta plate and a black plate to me.
hey- its not what it LOOKS LIKE , its what it ACTUALLY SAYS on the back of the card..
they both say WHITE WHALE
(02-06-2012, 06:53 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks, I was able to look up the Target cards, no problem.

I bought another couple of Value boxes, and got another Bowman auto card ... perhaps they ARE "loading' them just a bit.

Mitch
i ASSURE you they arent loaded....says my 9 boxes of nothing

I have an issue in trying to figure out which style one of my cards are. I have a 1996 cal ripken, the numbers on the back are 25 and g-1, rare. So i have looked at the beckett at the regular finest and the finest refractors. They both have the same markings, so my question is, is there an easy way to tell which one it is?

Thanks,
Eric Dulworth
ericdulworth@gmail.com

(02-24-2012, 02:47 PM)ericjdul Wrote: I have an issue in trying to figure out which style one of my cards are. I have a 1996 cal ripken, the numbers on the back are 25 and g-1, rare. So i have looked at the beckett at the regular finest and the finest refractors. They both have the same markings, so my question is, is there an easy way to tell which one it is?

Thanks,
Eric Dulworth
ericdulworth@gmail.com
the refractor will say refractor on the back, next to the other numbers

Some of the Topps Sets produced in the late 60's and early 70's have partial pictures of stars on the backs of their cards. When put together they form a picture of a Superstar/HOFer.. example in 1972 Topps has Carl Yastrzemski on the backs of cards 556, 558, 560, 562, 564, 570... In the 1968 there are at least 2 stars included in the set Carl Yastrzemski and maybe Joe Torre, could beckett or anyone identify/publish all these players in each set and which cards make them up. Also did the OPC sets of this era also follow/produce these?

Thanks

jgompper_41005@yahoo.com

Where can I find the condition guide? Link in Beckett Grading help section is dead (actually, looks like their entire help section is dead).