Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average
Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor

RE: Ask the editor - Topps Diamond giveaway question
Hi Chris,

I've been enjoying unlocking cards on the Topps Diamond Giveaway website. Over the weekend, I input a few codes and unlocked 3 1971 Jeff Torborg cards. I have gotten a ton of trade offers for this card, more than for any of the other 1971 cards that I have in my account. When I did a search, I discovered that were over 1,100 copies of this card unlocked on this site. I've done some hunting around various forums, but couldn't come up with any discussions regarding this, so I'm hoping you can help.

My first question is "Why are there so many of this particular card when a typical unlocked number from the 1971 series is around 40-150?" Secondly, "Is there some unknown perk to having copies of this particular card in your account such as free shipping of other cards like you get with a pack redemption from the dig board?"

Thanks for your assistance.

RE: Ask the editor - Topps Diamond giveaway question
(01-02-2012, 01:15 AM)yorwhynot Wrote: Hi Chris,

I've been enjoying unlocking cards on the Topps Diamond Giveaway website. Over the weekend, I input a few codes and unlocked 3 1971 Jeff Torborg cards. I have gotten a ton of trade offers for this card, more than for any of the other 1971 cards that I have in my account. When I did a search, I discovered that were over 1,100 copies of this card unlocked on this site. I've done some hunting around various forums, but couldn't come up with any discussions regarding this, so I'm hoping you can help.

My first question is "Why are there so many of this particular card when a typical unlocked number from the 1971 series is around 40-150?" Secondly, "Is there some unknown perk to having copies of this particular card in your account such as free shipping of other cards like you get with a pack redemption from the dig board?"

Thanks for your assistance.
Probably a technical glitch for the mass unlocking. Not sure otherwise.
(11-23-2011, 05:52 PM)lilgman Wrote: Chris, something I've noticed and wrote to beckett about and wanted to ask about it. Not a big deal and I am sure no on really noticed it anyways. In the How to use the price guide section in Beckett baseball under multipliers I spotted an error. In the example a card priced 20-50 cents is used with the multiplier being 20-40X high value. This would make the parallel version valued at 10-20$, however, in beckett it states the parallel version is valued 5-10$. Just something i've noticed for a while and never got a response in regards to my inquiries. Thanks and continue the great work.
If you have a specific example, send it an email to bfleischer@beckett.com.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

RE: Beckett Baseball: Ask the editor
just want to ask if you know if the 1993 topps finest have the green chrome card i see in the all star set
is those short printed also? i have a nolan ryan (no rainbow effect for a refractor)
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Hi Chris
I have a 2004 Hot Prospects Matt Fox auto #/299...All of the other common autos #/299 books at $8.00 $3.00
Beckett right now books the Fox at $3.00
I am hoping that is just an error
Thanks Bob
Looking for ...
1)autos of Gwynn, Headley, Venable, as well as Chargers... Gates, and Rivers.
2) autos/gu'd of Baldelli, Zobrist, rare Red Soxs
3) HOF autos, game-used and #<50

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k33/gwynn_fan/

(01-02-2012, 03:28 PM)giants1957 Wrote: just want to ask if you know if the 1993 topps finest have the green chrome card i see in the all star set
is those short printed also? i have a nolan ryan (no rainbow effect for a refractor)
Check the checklist on this site. Should tell you SPs.

(01-05-2012, 04:10 PM)expediter Wrote: Hi Chris
I have a 2004 Hot Prospects Matt Fox auto #/299...All of the other common autos #/299 books at $8.00 $3.00
Beckett right now books the Fox at $3.00
I am hoping that is just an error
Thanks Bob
That's one for the baseball analyst. Send 'em an email at bfleischer@beckett.com.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

Have you heard if Topps will be producing a 2012 version of Kimball Champions?
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

(01-10-2012, 10:52 AM)ryancholden Wrote: Have you heard if Topps will be producing a 2012 version of Kimball Champions?
nothing yet.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Any idea when the 2012 Allen and Ginter will be released?
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(01-12-2012, 09:03 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: Any idea when the 2012 Allen and Ginter will be released?
Date and newest pics are here:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/01/firs...all-cards/
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

Chris, What's going on with the registry? It has been down for over a month and there are no updates or replies to inquiries posted anywhere as to when it will be back up. Any insight and a firm date would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos